Olympus XZ-1 / PT-050 wide-angle lens tests

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The PTWC-01 is heavy but it is also an excellent piece of glass.

It is a nice lens however not so much as the INON lens which is half it's size. I'm just saying if you have neither and want to buy one why would you pick the OLY over the INON lens? In addition, you can attach a dome to the INON lens and you can't with the OLY.

Jd, did the Inon WA give good results w PT050? And does anyone know if the naticam XZ1 housing gives better results than the PT050 w Inon WA?

I thought the original poster was showing excellent results with the lens in question.
Why are you so sure that no-one will be happy with it and everyone should buy the Inon instead?
Can you show examples of poor performance along side better images from the Inon?
Don't just make a foolish comment and leave it out there!!!
Bruce

Go with the
INON UWL-H100 28M67 you will not be happy with the Oly lens...it's soo big and heavy.

I thought the original poster was showing excellent results with the lens in question.
Why are you so sure that no-one will be happy with it and everyone should buy the Inon instead?
Can you show examples of poor performance along side better images from the Inon?
Don't just make a foolish comment and leave it out there!!!
Bruce

As in my quote...'it's soo big and heavy.' I was commenting on the size and weight and I didn't mention image quality. The image quality seemed as good as the INON but not better and it weighs at least 2x as much which is really heavy It makes your whole rig very front heavy. I didn't like it and I love my INON. I feel that if someone has the choice and they have the ability to compare side to side I can't imagine anyone choosing the Oly lens over the INON lens.

Just my two cents. Also, see post #41...not sure why you think my comments are foolish. Do you own the lens? Have you owned and used both lenses side by side?

Jd, did the Inon WA give good results w PT050? And does anyone know if the naticam XZ1 housing gives better results than the PT050 w Inon WA?

I'm using it with the Oly housing. My friend is using it with the dome attached and on a Nauticam housing and gets great results. No issues that I know of.

Jd-i'm off to CBrac next week and am looking forward to my XZ1. Thanks for the input. If I would have just waited another month before my Oly WA purchase then i would have bought the Inon and dome....oh well. Such is the life of a newbie!

Jd-i'm off to CBrac next week and am looking forward to my XZ1. Thanks for the input. If I would have just waited another month before my Oly WA purchase then i would have bought the Inon and dome....oh well. Such is the life of a newbie!

As said before, the Oly lens is a very nice piece of glass. I'm sure you'll like the results...just a bit big for my taste.

As said before, the Oly lens is a very nice piece of glass. I'm sure you'll like the results...just a bit big for my taste.

Having tested that lens versus several other (including the Inon)...it is one lovely lens. It is heavy....it is large, and it works amazingly well.

I've not seen any other add on lens with the same sharpness.

Oddly, when attached to the camera, it is not that bad...just a pain getting it there.

I just got the Oly Wide Angle lens YES ITS BIG!!! My Question is, has anyone come up with a DIY solution for carrying this thing while on a dive. I want to switch from Macro to Wide. I dont think this thing will work on one of those lens caddy by inon.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom