One dead, one missing (since found), 300 foot dive - Lake Michigan

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone (who is a FB friend of the missing diver) posted on the Scuba Accidents group on FB that the couple dived rEvo rebreathers.

Someone (who is a FB friend of the missing diver) posted on the Scuba Accidents group on FB that the couple dived rEvo rebreathers.
They sink if they flood.

Isn't That the same brand Rob Stewart was using when he died?

Isn't That the same brand Rob Stewart was using when he died?

I think so. What I remember about Rob accident is he was at the surface when he was hypoxia, became unconscious, dropped the mouthbit off his mouth since he didn't have a gag strap on the regulator. The seawater then filled into the rebreather through the mouthbit, flooded the rebreather, he went negative buoyancy and sank to the abyss.

That´s hitting home... Not close. Home... Don‘t know the Winn’s, but re-thinking my future tech diver self... Just so sad...

Why? You planning on doing 300ft dives? This isn't changing my goals at all.

Why? You planning on doing 300ft dives? This isn't changing my goals at all.
Well, it does affect me a bit when people with tons more training than me perish.
As I was not there, I am not interested at all in discussing depth and circumstances or depths or equipment or choices or ... that might have could have made a difference.
Only replying to a direct question asked, because it was asked. If Moderators feel that does not belong here, I would agree:
Was I planning to do dives that deep?
Maybe not, who knows. But given time, funding, training opportunities etc... I was fancying a rebreather some day. Maybe still am. My main goal might be silence, stealth and duration over depth (observing marine life, taking pics...). But I just got tons of respect of the UW situation to begin with... and when highly trained people perish or get hurt ... I tend to get more...
That‘s all...

Back
Top Bottom