Online Nitrox and SDA??

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Laugh all you want, danny. Laughter is good for your health. I am too cheap to pay for nitrox... so I still haven't got a whiff of it yet. I think I'll by a carbon monoxide monitor before I'll pay for a nitrox tester, though.

POI: NAUI is not an RSTC member.

faq_2.jpg

Mask on forehead while climbing out of water of course. That's from their farce of a site where they also offer online OW courses with referrals to any instrutor in the world: Scuba Divers of America - SDA Scuba Certification Agency

I just don't see the mask on forehead that you speak of.

I just don't see the mask on forehead that you speak of.

If you have Photoshop, delete everything below the chin and it should show up. It's kind of like looking at a section of coral for a while until the camouflaged fish emerges from the background.

If you have Photoshop, delete everything below the chin and it should show up. It's kind of like looking at a section of coral for a while until the camouflaged fish emerges from the background.

You are right. I don't have photoshop, but I held a piece of index card up to her neck, and covering up the bottom half.... And WOW, the mask on the forehead suddenly appeared!

Laugh all you want, danny. Laughter is good for your health. I am too cheap to pay for nitrox... so I still haven't got a whiff of it yet. I think I'll by a carbon monoxide monitor before I'll pay for a nitrox tester, though.
Well, that makes sense - since the operator almost always has a Nitrox tester to use, but will not have a tank CO tester and may not have a compressor CO monitor.

I bought a Nitrox tester years ago when I didn't like the units I saw offered, but now the operators have the same brand I bought so I use theirs. It is interesting that we all test our Nitrox tanks for Nitrox as we were taught, but don't test our air tanks for Nitrox even when the fills are done in the same room or by the same whip on a liveaboard, and so many don't worry about CO when we really don't know. Several here have already ordered the CO tester I found; I guess we'll know more in time as they make some trips.

Did anyone figure out if scuba-training.net is also a scam. I have seen it mentioned a couple times and was curious.

OH NO! She has her mask on her forehead! She must be in full blown panic! I must rescue her.

Did anyone figure out if scuba-training.net is also a scam. I have seen it mentioned a couple times and was curious.

I looked into them a couple of years ago and determined that, IMO, it was a scam. They said their course work was acceptable to affiliated shops. They have a list of affiliated shops and a process for getting a shop affiliated. The ones I called from the list had never heard of them and had no idea how they became affiliated. They said they would not accept the coursework from them.

That was the extent of my research.

This seems to be common thread between the online places. In all fairness though, when I did do the PADI elearning for Nitrox one of my shops had never heard of it and said I wouldn't be able to do the practical with them unless I did the whole class with them. Im not saying SDA or scuba training.net is in the same league with PADI but it just seems to be a very common thing between them all.

Of course now PADI and their shops fully accept the elearning thing, but awhile ago alot of places didn't.

I looked into them a couple of years ago and determined that, IMO, it was a scam. They said their course work was acceptable to affiliated shops. They have a list of affiliated shops and a process for getting a shop affiliated. The ones I called from the list had never heard of them and had no idea how they became affiliated. They said they would not accept the coursework from them.

That was the extent of my research.
Probly a good test. The plagiarized material is one thing, the dumbing down like to 1.2 is done in other areas - like "conservative computers" (you want to be conservative and just stay at the hotel pool?), but deceptive claims like "OW referrals to any instructor in the world"...?! :mad:
I'm not allowed to use the appropriate smilie on an office friendly board.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom