• Welcome to ScubaBoard

1. Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
    • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
    • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Login or Register now by clicking on the button

Opening Of Indonesia pushed to end of 2020?

Discussion in 'Indonesia' started by GirlonFire, Aug 16, 2020.

1. Indah

Indah Manta Ray

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
  2. BLACKCRUSADER

BLACKCRUSADER Manta Ray

# of Dives: I'm a Fish!

I Live in a country which has had no domestic Wuhan Virus cases for over 230 days.... only those who were coming in from overseas on flights. So this is the issue even some people were tested and quarantined for 2 weeks and tested positive after the PCR test before they flew to Taiwan.

Centrals and chillyinCanada like this.
  3. Dan

Dan ScubaBoard Supporter ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 500 - 999
    Yes, I plan to get vaccinated ASAP.

Indah and chillyinCanada like this.
  4. Dan

Sorry for the confusion. I still think it’s unnecessary & will dampen the tourism, which seems Indonesia desperately needs.

To make sure that I get negative PCR result, I have been careful in following COVID-19 protocols here, at home, such as wearing mask in public facility, socializing with only family & few friends (4-5) that I know them to be as careful as I'm, doing outdoor sports (cycling mostly alone 20-30 miles daily, hiking in the national parks during vacations, etc) for the past 9 months. It's almost self quantining myself at home for that long. Doing another 2-week self-quarantine abroad, after proofing that I'm COVID-19 free is just ridiculous. It is as ridiculous as those cops in Jakarta stopping & arresting/fining a family driving in the car without mask. An overkill!

5. Indah

Indah Manta Ray

# of Dives: 5,000 - ∞
    If there are 12 guests and 12 crew. All tested negative. How big would the chance be that one of the 24 was falsely tested negative? Serious question.

6. Searcaigh

Searcaigh Chromodoris gordonii Staff Member ScubaBoard Supporter

# of Dives: 1,000 - 2,499
    It's entirely possible given the margin or errors with various test kits, the equipment they are using and operator error including mix up of samples and if we are looking at a false positive possible cross contamination from another sample that was mishandled or mislabeled.

Never rule out the human factor!

The result of a negative PCR test is only as good as the time the sample was taken. You could easily pick up the virus immediately afterwards traveling in public transport if not taking suitable precautions.

Indah and Hoyden like this.
  7. Mike Veitch

Mike Veitch Dive Charter

Don't get me started on that one! They stop people here who are alone in their car with the windows up... :banghead:

Indah, Darnold9999 and Dan like this.
  8. Dan

I paid $128.30, drove 40 miles to the closest drive-through swab test facility and waited for 3 days to get the results after 9-months of living in seclusion. I’ll be dang sure to wear mask and avoid crowded places as much as I can while traveling from home to the boat. Even at the boat I won’t drop my guard down while mingling with those guys with supposedly having “negative PCR” certificate in their possession.

Indah and chillyinCanada like this.
  9. Dan

I don’t take chances and protect myself accordingly. I assume everyone has it.

Indah, chillyinCanada and ontdiver like this.
  10. Centrals

Centrals Barangay Pasaway

# of Dives:
    There have been more than enough cases that -ve became +ve after few days or even longer!!!!!
    NO test kit is 100% accurate and the virus has long incubation period inside the host.