Opinions on Salvos as DIR lights

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

By saying what your saying, and posting the link you did, contrary to your claims in not trying to start a flaming war, you really are trying to start one off....

This is a VERY OLD and long dead story . I think you should just let it go...

Plus it's a CDNN link. Boycott CDNN.

And EO connectors are not the best solution for that.

True...but then I would have to babble on about impulse connectors.

Barry made some good stuff prior to Halcyon and while there. I can't comment on the quality of the Salvo stuff and lets not turn this into a flame war. But, those of us that actually know the Halcyon guys personally have a problem with his gear because of this CDNN :: Salvo Diving owner Barry Miller sentenced to one year in prison for grand theft.
AHEM ... why am I not surprised that you'd post that ... :shakehead:

Politics aside ... having worked for a shop that sold Halcyon gear for a while, I CAN comment on the quality of both S and H gear ... and there's a reason I sold my Helios 9 and replaced it with a Salvo light ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

I have 2 of the Salvo light and love them both. So without question I would buy another one.

I have 2 of the Salvo light and love them both. So without question I would buy another one.

But then you'd have 3!

:D

At the end of the day it's about the piece of gear you want to have 6000' into a dive. You might get some cold shoulders from some but the holistics won't have a problem.

But, those of us that actually know the Halcyon guys personally have a problem with his gear

We do?

Nearly everyone I know has their own story about problems with Halcyon lights and their customer service, myself included. A friend of mine loves Salvo lights for the fact that whenever he's had a repair issue they have simply upgraded his light to the next generation at little or no charge. They stand behind their products at Salvo. As my friend says,"Barry is a stand-up guy...well, except for that one day." :)

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom