Ordered metal detector

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

lakeviewfarm

Registered
Reaction score
# of dives
25 - 49
I ordered my frist metal detector today. Wanted the Tiger Shark but not avaiable for a few monts so I got the Garrett Sea Hunter II. Does anyone out ther use this machine. If so what do you think about it and is there anything I need to know.
Thanks

Dear Lakeview. Do you currently own a different metal detector? I have Garrett's Infinium LS, and it is awesome. However, there are a lot of differences than the average detector. I may have a lot of pointers for you, but I don't know where you stand on the issue of using a metal detector. One thing is to bring multiple sets of spare batteries, cause that thing will suck the juice out of them. Also, I use rechargeables, so my cost of use doesn't outweigh my return in treasure. Another funny thing is the volume through the headset. On land and in the water, the volumes are vastly different because of the way sound travels. There is a lot of great stuff on the internet about how to use it, and where to go and such.
Best of luck.

This is my frist metal detector I have never done this before so it is all new to me. I would like any help you can give.

I ordered my frist metal detector today. Wanted the Tiger Shark but not avaiable for a few monts so I got the Garrett Sea Hunter II. Does anyone out ther use this machine. If so what do you think about it and is there anything I need to know.
Thanks

I have one for ~ 2years. It is the only one I ever owned but love it. It is a PI machine and can go deep and doesn't discriminate. I have dug down 24 inches for rebar, so be prepared to dig alot! I read somewhere that it takes ~ 50hrs to get use to a detector and that is approximately how long it took me.

Good Luck!

i have it, great on land and underwater, paid 750 2 yrs ago, I keep it in scuba mode with the short handle, hasn't paid for itself yet, a gold ring and some scuba stuff lost by others, but I love it .

Back
Top Bottom