orlando area technical dive training recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

For the record, I teach these courses through TDI with helium in the mix for both OC and CCR divers... it's called helitrox deco.

thx for that steve but i would not be interested in this course

---------- Post added October 14th, 2015 at 12:09 PM ----------

there are several options in central Florida for teaching and getting the depth required to make the program real... especially with a diver already cavern certified.

i am all ears for any insight you can offer. your opinion is held in high regard. i would prefer to do the tdi adv notox/deco combo in open water but i might consider it in a true "cavern" environment

---------- Post added October 14th, 2015 at 12:27 PM ----------

if you train in the Keys, you will get to train on dives like the Spiegel Grove, Duane, Bibb etc. There are few wrecks that would be better and more impressive to learn on and the water is great down there also.

being able to training on those wrecks might be an interesting twist on the plan. hmmmmm i wonder how the wife would fee about spending some time in key largo ?

why wouldn't you be interested in that course with Steve? Helium is in the mix for narcosis management, if you are below 100ft, you're going to have some sort of narc going on and it's basically the same class as AN/DP just much more useful

If I had the option I would have taken the helitrox class instead of AN/DP. Its the same the class and training, it just adds helium too. Basically you get more training for the same price.

why wouldn't you be interested in that course with Steve? Helium is in the mix for narcosis management, if you are below 100ft, you're going to have some sort of narc going on and it's basically the same class as AN/DP just much more useful

what....do you get commission from steve on every referral ? haha j/k i love the enthusiasm. perhaps i should give this course a closer look. never even knew it existed until now. helium where i live is basically unavailable so i figure whats the point. but if you guys say it is the same training as the adv nitrox and deco with helium added, then perhaps it is worth considering. thanks a lot tbone. now i have more research to do. geesh.....:)

---------- Post added October 14th, 2015 at 05:27 PM ----------

there ya go. Take that with Steve and call it a day

oooo......and i can do it in sm with steve as well. the plot thickens

---------- Post added October 14th, 2015 at 05:51 PM ----------

so just to clarify in case anyone following this was in the dark (like me) about this helitrox course.......according to tdi the adv nitrox course is still a separate course. adv nitrox is a prerequisite for the helitrox course unless the instructor will run the two concurrently. so instead of taking adv ntrox/deco procedures, the other option is to do an adv nitrox/helitrox combo. apparently the max helium would be 20% with o2 at 21% or higher. o2 can be used up to 100% for deco. very interesting. may not serve me any practical purpose whatsoever but interesting none the less.
https://www.tdisdi.com/tdi/get-certified/helitrox-diver-course/

Last edited:
I don't know Steve well, have never taken a class from him, have never been in the water. He just posted it. Most any full tech instructor from TDI can teach it, he just happens to be a good instructor and posted in here.

Helium is put in for narcosis management, if you are diving deep it is advantageous to remove any narcosis risk, while the helium might not be available, better to have and not need than to need and not have....

Come on down to Key Largo for 4 days and do your Adv Nitrox & Deco Procedures with Horizon Divers. We've got a bunkhouse you can stay in, doubles, deco bottles, and all the wrecks you could want to learn on. At the end of the trip you'll be ready for ocean tech diving and should feel comfortable Planning, Prepping, and executing a good long deep tech dive.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom