orphaned cat..needs home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That is an adorable baby! Like others, I'm glad I don't live near you - I'd be back up to six feline companions again. I'm a sucker for strays.

Mona

ah Wendy.....you know Lima Bean could help with the baby squirrels....he/she (you don't know yet? - looks like a she) will probably help keep them warm and secure. Just think of the bonus here....don't think of her as another mouth to feed but a helping hand in the rehabilitation efforts of the local wildlife after the ravages of the hurricane ....

man that sounds pretty impressive....

give her a scratch under the chin for me.

tee hee...

I could use a dive buddy but she would have to use a gunny sack instead of a wetsuit. Do you think that 40lbs of rock would make Lima sink?

Ok, put down the flame throwers...just joking. She is a cute one. Also a neat idea about the squirrels.

I can't take that cat off of your hands but I could send you one or two the help keep company. :eyebrow:

The behavior you describe tells me that this cat is someones pet. I'm not sure how you can find the owner but I bet someone would love to have their cat back.

If you have a printer you might print some found cat posters to post at animal shelters and vet offices and the like.
You might take the cat to a vet or shelter to see if it has an ID chip, long shot but worth a try.

pipedope:
You might take the cat to a vet or shelter to see if it has an ID chip, long shot but worth a try.

It's not a bad idea to take little Lima to the vet anyway to be checked out - you want to make sure she (I agree with whoever said it, Lima Bean looks like a she to me, too) doesn't have any diseases that can be passed on to her new squirrel siblings. :wink:

Not living in hurricane area, I don't know, but is it possible that she was orphaned, or at least made homeless, in the hurricane just like the squirrels were? In that case, how can you justify taking in the squirrels while turning the cute, homeless kitty out on the street? Just something to think about.....
Good luck!

I think this is the same stray I have seen off and on around my apartment. I don't believe she belongs to anyone near me and was not a 'storm' kitty. I am headed home in a few. One of the girls at work got the ok to take it home. Hopefully this will work out.

ok....as long as this coworker realizes she's now part of our family here and we'll need updates as to how she's doing. Lima Bean, good luck in your new home .... keep in touch.

starfish365:
ok....as long as this coworker realizes she's now part of our family here and we'll need updates as to how she's doing. Lima Bean, good luck in your new home .... keep in touch.
LOL. Exactly my thoughts. Wendy, we need reports and pics. OK?

and of course we need to see pics of the baby squirrels...I've always wished I had the time to volunteer as a foster parent with the local humane society.

Wendy, now that Lima Bean has a new home you need to focus on the squirrels. Things like what are you going to name them. Pesonally I think one of them should be named Rocky. No not after "yo Adrien" Rocky but after " Hey Rocky, want to see me pull a rabbit out of my hat? " Rocky of Rocky and Bulllwinkle fame.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom