orphaned cat..needs home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy:
A girl that works for the same city I do is going to adopt Lima Bean. I told her she has to keep us all updated on how he is doing. She has another male cat that she said could be Lima Bean's twin. I'm kinda going to miss him. I found out that some cats aren't completely stupid and can be really nice.
I think Lima Bean is gonna miss you. (and maybe you will miss him :wink:). When a cat picks a person (or any animal for that matter) the resulting relationship is what they write Chicken Soup for the Soul books about! I am glad you found him a home. I hope he will be happy.

Oh, Wendy, cats are *so* not stupid. I know I will likely be bashed for this:

I am a dog person, and a cat person, and an everything else person.
But cats are way smarter than dogs.

SueMermaid:
Oh, Wendy, cats are *so* not stupid. I know I will likely be bashed for this:

I am a dog person, and a cat person, and an everything else person.
But cats are way smarter than dogs.

I think it is odd but true that people who consider themselves to be dog people have a tendency to be strictly dog people.
Everybody else tends to be animal people. regardless of what animal they put infront of the people.

Cats are like Hellfire missiles, A fire and forget weapon.
If something came up you can leave your cat unattended for a few days, provided you left them with enough water and food and a clean litter box....can't do that with a dog. Not that I am against dogs. I would love to have one, but right now when I work between 12 and 18 hours aday...it would be irresponsible for me to own one.

Wendy:
I found out that some cats aren't completely stupid and can be really nice.

yup... cats are rather subtle, but once you see them at work,
you can't help but marvel at what great animals they are.

my wife and i have six cats... i am never bored

(btw, the easy way to tell boy cats from girl cats is to
look at the base of their tails; both boys and girls have two
little openings (one for poop, one for pee) but boys
have a much wider space between the two, and those
of girls are almost next to each other. once you do this
a few times, you can tell right away if it's a boy or a girl)

hidiver1:
Kittens are great, but then they wind up getting too big. Still, they sure beat any of those rodents like gerbils or rats. These guys have a great solution for keeping cats from getting too big: http://bonsaikitten.chaos.org/bkintro.html
Bonsai trees are a great idea - so why not bonsai cats?

As we said earlier, currently we own both a cat and a rat, as well as several other critters, and my husband thinks the rat is the best pet. It preens/cleans itself (in a very catlike manner,) it's big enough to cuddle yet small enough to keep in a cage when we desire, and it doesn't bark or meow to wake us at odd hours. ALL pets have plusses/minuses. Like people, including scubaboard members, they ALL have different personalities, too.

The girl came and got Lima Bean, her husband didn't seem very nice, which bothered me. He struck as the type that steps on cats or something. Looked at Lima Bean's claws and teeth, said he was older than their present cat. yada, yada, yada.

% mins goes by and here comes a knock on the door. Theyhad me back the cat food and say sorry he escaped from the car as we were pulling out, he went nuts and jumped form the window! :11: So hopefully since they were just outside my building Lima Bean will come home. Yes I said home. I don't want the cat, really can't afford it. But he is very laid back. I don't know what to do.

Wendy:
The girl came and got Lima Bean, her husband didn't seem very nice, which bothered me. He struck as the type that steps on cats or something. Looked at Lima Bean's claws and teeth, said he was older than their present cat. yada, yada, yada.

% mins goes by and here comes a knock on the door. Theyhad me back the cat food and say sorry he escaped from the car as we were pulling out, he went nuts and jumped form the window! :11: So hopefully since they were just outside my building Lima Bean will come home. Yes I said home. I don't want the cat, really can't afford it. But he is very laid back. I don't know what to do.

Wendy, if he comes back, it is karma ... :)
If you don't feed him on cat food, he can share some of yours ... They really are not that picky if they are educated so ... The bad thing is the seeing the vet :eek:

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom