orphaned cat..needs home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

yay!!!!!

Yay, Lima Bean!!!! I wish Washington was closer to Florida...

Alright you are killing me here.. where do I send the Ca$h for the scubaboard cat!?! Poor little Lima Bean... I have a Maine Coon here .. long haired galoot! (It came with the wife.) I do not like the long white hairs on my clothes.. anyone know a breed of cat that has Hunter Green color fur??

Orlando Eric:
Alright you are killing me here.. where do I send the Ca$h for the scubaboard cat!?! Poor little Lima Bean... I have a Maine Coon here .. long haired galoot! (It came with the wife.) I do not like the long white hairs on my clothes.. anyone know a breed of cat that has Hunter Green color fur??

if you are serious about helping support him, i would like to get him fixed and declawed and stuff, but that's alot to ask of you guys. still not 100 % sure if i will keep him.

now i don't know if i will be able to take in the baby squirrels. I guess I can keep them in my room in which lima bean is not allowed to go.

Wendy:
if you are serious about helping support him, i would like to get him fixed and declawed and stuff, but that's alot to ask of you guys. still not 100 % sure if i will keep him.

please don't get him declawed. if he ever runs away or finds
himself living outside, he is going to be helpless and defenseless.

fixed is a good idea. all his shots and getting him fixed should
cost you about $150.00

i'd be willing to help out too

H2Andy:
please don't get him declawed. if he ever runs away or finds
himself living outside, he is going to be helpless and defenseless.

fixed is a good idea. all his shots and getting him fixed should
cost you about $150.00

i'd be willing to help out too

then can i get the nails filed down at least? as much as he kneeds on me i feel like a pin cushion.

i know the shelter has a nueter bus that comes around and its cheap.

Wendy, I am so glad you are keeping Lima Bean. You are so lucky that he picked you!Kneeding on you is a sign of love! (is this when we tell her that dead mice brought in during the night and laid at the foot of your favorite chair in the house is also a sign of love, or should we wait a little longer??:D)
I agree with Andy, do not get Lima Bean declawed. Instead they have sissel rope thingys at the store that you can give him to sharpen his claws. Also, while you are there, for fun pick up some catnip. A little bit is hours of enjoyment.
As far as neutering, down here we have Petaide, and they do low cost spaying and neutering. YOu might have a organization similar to Pet Aid in your area.

I think I'll go get him a collar tomorrow. Do you think a cat would wear one of thise dog harness things? then it would be like a cat with a handle.

I was thinking of growing some cat nip out on the porch.

also do cat's get baths?

I don't knwo anything about them.

Wendy:
then can i get the nails filed down at least? as much as he kneeds on me i feel like a pin cushion.

i know the shelter has a nueter bus that comes around and its cheap.

Yeah, I'm so happy! I've got to tell you, Lima Bean was the subject of my family's dinner conversation tonight, he was that much on my mind, so I'm glad that he's safe and home.

As for the vet bills, count me in on helping out, too. And, really, get him his shots ASAP. Having lost the world's sweetest kitten because the pound doesn't give them vaccinations until they are adopted (cheaper not to waste the drugs if they have to eventually put the animal to sleep, I guess), and she was exposed while waiting for me to take her home (where she spent a week before she came down with the panloukopenia that killed her), I cannot stress this strongly enough.

And, getting him neutered young will help prevent any behavior problems that might occur when the testosterone takes over. From the pics, he looks to be approx. 6-9 months old (maybe 1 year, but of course, I also thought he was a she, so take my advice with a grain of salt), so it's not too early to get it done.

Yes, you can clip their nails, but I agree with Andy not to declaw them. Especially with it not being a behavior "problem" (he's not clawing you or your furniture, just loving you the way it's natural for cats to), it's best to let them keep their defenses. A good vet worth their salt will be able to give you advise on how to clip the nails (I bought a $10 nail clipper from the vet, and it's really easy to clip them, just make sure not to go down to the quick, the vain you can see in the claw, and you're fine) as well as how other techniques to keep the scratching behavior from becomming a problem.

Actually, the vet my cats go to runs a cat-only clinic. She's also the author of "The idiot's guide to a healthy kitten" - I've got a copy of that book that I'm done with, if you want, I"ll send it to you. It's got some of the good behavior modification tips in it as well as talking about these kinds of care things.

Congratulations on your new pet/master. :eyebrow: Please, continue to keep us posted.

I can't turn down fundage, since otherwise i would not be able to keep Lima Bean, but at least while I have him I want him to be healthy and not pass any cooties to my dog, Lady.

here is my work address:

Wendy Shirah
175 N. Bluford Avenue
Ocoee, Florida 34761

The mean guy that came with the girl who let him jump out the window said he had adult teeth. I'm just clueless about all this. He has no behavior problems. Kinda wished he wouldn't jump on the counters or the tables, but he hasn't done it today, so maybe he was just checking the place out. Mostly he lays on the other couch and sleeps.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/
https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom