orphaned cat..needs home

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wendy:
The girl came and got Lima Bean, her husband didn't seem very nice, which bothered me. He struck as the type that steps on cats or something. Looked at Lima Bean's claws and teeth, said he was older than their present cat. yada, yada, yada.

% mins goes by and here comes a knock on the door. Theyhad me back the cat food and say sorry he escaped from the car as we were pulling out, he went nuts and jumped form the window! :11: So hopefully since they were just outside my building Lima Bean will come home. Yes I said home. I don't want the cat, really can't afford it. But he is very laid back. I don't know what to do.

Oh no! That's awful! Wendy, can you go out and search for him? You have to promise to let us know ASAP when you find him!!!! And, once you do, that you won't let any mean people take him again.
I can't tell you how upset that makes me - poor little fella. The car wasn't moving when he leapt out the window, was it? Are you sure this guy didn't hurt him? I hope he's ok.

Seriously, if it gets to you not being able to keep him and sending him off with bad people, help me figure out a way to get him to CA and I'll take him off your hands for you. He'd have a brother and sister to play with, and they never travel anywhere when they're not in their carriers so jumping out the window is not a problem.

I have looked and looked, he is quiet and a good hider. Hopefulyl he isn't too pissed at me and will come back. I'll keep you posted.

Wendy:
I have looked and looked, he is quiet and a good hider. Hopefulyl he isn't too pissed at me and will come back. I'll keep you posted.

Hopefully as soon as he knows you're not looking any more, he'll come back... The way of the cat is a mysterious one :wink:

Wendy:
So hopefully since they were just outside my building Lima Bean will come home.

take a can of tuna fish and put it out for him. keep your eyes
open, and he may come back.

hidiver1:
Kittens are great, but then they wind up getting too big. Still, they sure beat any of those rodents like gerbils or rats. These guys have a great solution for keeping cats from getting too big: http://bonsaikitten.chaos.org/bkintro.html
Bonsai trees are a great idea - so why not bonsai cats?
:eek:

I looked over that entire site looking for the disclaimer that it was a joke, but never found any...................

There's pictures of poor kittens crammed into tiny glass jars..............

Even if it is a joke, just cramming kittens into jars to take the pictures is bad enough...........

:shocked: Someone tell me it's a joke, please..?

Wendy,
I hope "your" cat finds his way home. Good Luck with the squirrels, nice challenge. I raised just one and just when I thought I couldn't do the every two hour feedings, I just fell in love with him. After I released him in the back yard he stayed there forever on his own. It was hard not to offer him food, but very rewarding expierence. If it was safe enough to keep them on a dive boat, I'd certainly offer to lend a hand too..

Keep us updated, and PLEEEEASE can we see a picture of the little babies when you get them...
:) Vickie

Lima Bean just showed up on the porch. After all the looking I did and I drove around and even found other stray cats (ugly mean ones). Still not sure if I will keep him but I will better screen the applicants this time. Maybe he can be the scubabaord mascot. Feel free to send money for vet bills.

The Bonsai kitten thing is a joke, no worries. It was put up several years ago and has caused a large uproar among animal rights activists, and has been the subject of many an article.

Wendy, he'll come back. He knows where the Food Guy is. :D

Edit: D'oh! See? I was right! Yay, Lima Bean!

Wendy:
Still not sure if I will keep him

i am so glad you are looking after this cat. there are so
many irresponsible people out there.

good luck to both of you :wink:

Wendy:
Lima Bean just showed up on the porch. After all the looking I did and I drove around and even found other stray cats (ugly mean ones). Still not sure if I will keep him but I will better screen the applicants this time. Maybe he can be the scubabaord mascot. Feel free to send money for vet bills.
Wendy, so glad to hear it!

You should feel privileged. It is obvious to me that he has 'chosen' you to be his company (some would argue, "staff") :D

https://xf2.scubaboard.com/community/forums/cave-diving.45/

Back
Top Bottom