Our Next Step....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

tyki

Reaction score
after returning from our first dive trip was to stop back in at our local dive shop. The owner of the shop asked how the trip went and we filled him in on our escapades. He asked if we felt the pool training we had received prior to the trip had been lacking, but the things that went wrong on our first day of diving were not things that the pool would have prepared us for. There just isn't anyway to simulate 4-6 foot seas in a pool.

The local group here will begin diving local quarries at the end of the month. So instead of completing our OW certification in the warm waters of Florida, it looks like we will be joining the gang locally and finishing our cert in 52 degrees at the quarry at the end of the month. I believe this will be good timing for us, because the next thing we would like to try is the Navigation Course as a start towards our Advanced Open Water. The shop has a Nav course starting in May. :)

I think the next piece of equipment I will be getting is some sort of a signaling device. Now to make up my mind whether to go with the air integrated duck call or the hand held clacker. I'm holding off on getting a wetsuit or BCD because I'm hoping to lose a bit of weight by joining hubby on his diet.

It sounds like we're going to have a busy summer.

tyki
looking forward to keeping wet

Tyki 1st. thing you need to realize is what is the most important part of your equipment I'm a Divemaster here in NY S.I. I tell all the students you really should buy a REG.1st. then a BC. it is good you learn to dive here in the colder waters if you can dive here you can dive anywhere in the world. But as far as navigational devices it is hard to use them here do to the fact that a lot of the wrecks are made of steel so the needle is always going crazy. But you can buy the air horn that attaches to your BC it does'nt cost a lot ask your dive store for the info which is best for you. If you need anymore help feel free to e-mail with any questions I'll do my best to help you , hope to see you in the water, Sealord.

my vote is for the duck call

stay wet

Back
Top Bottom