Oxycheq Ultra lite + travel wing questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Thanks for all the great information everyone.

The reason why I am looking at the ultra lite over a kydex, or travel plate is the price. $50 is nearly half of all the other plates I have seen and brings the package into my I can justify range, otherwise my ranger is in great shape and is great to dive.

Akimbo: the punishment I am imagining is somehow a heavy peice of gear, or lugage, or whatever will somehow land on an edge of the plate and crease it, or some such nonsense. or the fabrick would get snagged on a loose nail somewhere while I was being careless. and Naples is just over 2 hours from me :(

Its sounding more and more like I just need to find one to check out to see if It will work for me.

because the wing on the ranger is HUGE :) and is part of the problem.

LOL! So what r you going to do with just the ultralight plate? You still gotta get wings, harness, sta, etc. That's another $200 - $300 excluding the cost of the ultralight plate.

Sounds like you got a lot more research to do : )

SangP

I looked at the Oxycheq solution for travel and instead went with the Zeagle Express Tech. The price difference is huge. Even with weight pockets, D-rings and switching to a metal buckle, I'm still under 5 pounds. It fold up very small and is a very stable system. Not as stable as my backplate, but stable none-the-less. Search for Net Doc's review, it is extensive.

I looked at the Oxycheq solution for travel and instead went with the Zeagle Express Tech. The price difference is huge. Even with weight pockets, D-rings and switching to a metal buckle, I'm still under 5 pounds. It fold up very small and is a very stable system. Not as stable as my backplate, but stable none-the-less. Search for Net Doc's review, it is extensive.

That's more or less what I said in my earlier post lol!
http://www.scubaboard.com/forums/5255919-post8.html

Well, see, standing in the airport check in line, airplane waiting at the gate and the mean old hoot at the counter says "your bag sir is 2 pounds over" then consider that in my bag is everything you have exactly the same but for our plates, my plate weighs .5 pounds and yours weighs 2.5 pounds, I pass, you pay a 60 dollars over weight fee. :idk:

Two pounds here, one there, three there and soon you are over limit.

N

Well you could take this to an extreme. Why not just strap a harness around a tank. Heck even a wing has weight....
Naw, 2.5 pounds for a SS backplate that offers stability is not a bad trade off. This has kept my gear under the limit. PS. If you wait until you get to the airport to weigh your bag, not exactly good planning. I weigh at home first.

I would just strap a harness around a tank but many dive boats require a BC. What's up with that?

Well, see, standing in the airport check in line, airplane waiting at the gate and the mean old hoot at the counter says "your bag sir is 2 pounds over" then consider that in my bag is everything you have exactly the same but for our plates, my plate weighs .5 pounds and yours weighs 2.5 pounds, I pass, you pay a 60 dollars over weight fee. :idk:

Two pounds here, one there, three there and soon you are over limit.

N

You're working at the airport now? :confused:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom