Oxycheq Ultra lite + travel wing questions.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

…Akimbo: the punishment I am imagining is somehow a heavy peice of gear, or lugage, or whatever will somehow land on an edge of the plate and crease it, or some such nonsense. or the fabrick would get snagged on a loose nail somewhere while I was being careless...

It is difficult for me to imagine a condition where accidental impact would damage the pack to the point it would not function and not also demolish your wing or jacket BC. I can invision impact on a rigid plate in luggage damaging a BC, mask, and even a regulator.

It is difficult for me to imagine a condition where accidental impact would damage the pack to the point it would not function and not also demolish your wing or jacket BC. I can invision impact on a rigid plate in luggage damaging a BC, mask, and even a regulator.

That cloth BP is about as vulnerable to such damage as a nylon weight belt and heavy stitching. Those are the basic working parts. Care should be focused in protecting the wing from damage. The material is fairly light but no different from most lighter BCDs.

As stated earlier, I like the SS travel backplate. Yes, it is 2.5 pds. In my humble opinion when considering weight, a drop in the bucket with dive gear. It feels and behaves like a backplate. If I wanted a cloth backplate, I would just dive a traditional BC light a Scubapro Knight Hawk (which is not a bad alternative if you want a softer backpack).

That cloth BP is about as vulnerable to such damage as a nylon weight belt and heavy stitching. Those are the basic working parts. Care should be focused in protecting the wing from damage. The material is fairly light but no different from most lighter BCDs.

I completely agree and should have been more clear. The point I was hoping to make is not to be concerned about back pack damage in transport, protection afforded the bladder will cover it.

LOL! So what r you going to do with just the ultralight plate? You still gotta get wings, harness, sta, etc. That's another $200 - $300 excluding the cost of the ultralight plate.

Sounds like you got a lot more research to do : )

SangP

easy the mach V wing in 18 lbs is what I am planning on pairing the plate to. hence the title of the post + travel wing. And this really is the beginning of my research :)

the 18 is really tiny, you might need a bit more lift if steel tanks are used. The point I'm making is 18 wing + ultralight + harness = $350.

The zeagle exp tech is $185 it comes with a cloth covered plastic bp, a 24lbs wing n harness. If I were you I rather the exp tech simply cos of the cost n you can swap out wings easily.

My 2 cents.

SangP

Where did you find the zeagle express tech for 185?

Thanks...

the 18 is really tiny, you might need a bit more lift if steel tanks are used. The point I'm making is 18 wing + ultralight + harness = $350.

The zeagle exp tech is $185 it comes with a cloth covered plastic bp, a 24lbs wing n harness. If I were you I rather the exp tech simply cos of the cost n you can swap out wings easily.

My 2 cents.

SangP

You got a steal. The price has gone up now...:(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom