P-valve For Whites Fusion Bullet

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Purge

Contributor
Reaction score
I think it's finally time for me to add a p-valve to my Whites Fusion Bullet. Is there a valve that is better suited for the Fusion? I'm considering either the Halcyon Streamline, Light Monkey Tinkle, Si-Tech Trigon, or the Dive Rite balanced valve. There's a great post by "skdvr" on p-valve install in the fusion.
P-Valve Install in Fusion
But I'm just wondering on which valve to go with, or at least avoid for use on the fusion?

My preference is the valve that both OMS and Halcyon used to sell. OMS called it the Sweet Pee valve, but unfortunately I don't think it's made any longer.

It had an inner and outer piece like all the other pee valves, but it also had a separate cap over the mushroom valve on the outside. That meant you could use the inner and outer sections to seal to the suit, and the use the cap to capture the outer bullet, or tech skin material.

The good news is that the current Dive Rite valve is built the same way, with a cover over the mushroom valve that screws off the outer half of the valve, and enough of a flange to capture the outer skin material effectively.

It's a good choice for a Fusion.

Either way, I've found it works best if you permanently glue rubber gaskets on the inside and outside of the suit to allow the valve to seal against the gaskets and yet still be removable. If you valve doesn't come with rubber gaskets, you can usually find suitable gaskets at the local hardware store, or cut the gaskets out of an inner tube and secure them to the suit with either a silicone adhesive, a suitable seal cement or with Aqua Seal. Even though Whites isn't real hot on Aqua Seal, I've never had any compatibility issues with it on my Fusion.

I never saw a need to reinforce the inner bladder fabric with a patch (and mine has held up great for 8 years now) but it does help to reinforce the area where the valve will poke through on the tech skin with a circular patch of Iron Mend wetsuit repair material. It adds some thickness and prevents the material from stretching or fraying. You do however also want to cut the hole in the skin undersized so it stretches a bit over the valve to help it stay put and not get pulled out from under the outer cover.

Otherwise, I'm in agreement with the linked thread on installing a pee valve in a Fusion.

Last edited:
I installed the Halcyon Streamlined Balanced with a patch to reinforce the install site. I was highly paranoid about putting a hole in my drysuit, but the install was pretty painless. I watched the Whites patch install video from Dive Right In 5 times before I did anything. Getting myself ready to make the hole was the hardest part. )

The Halcyon valve has worked great and I have no complaints about managing the skin and liner with it. It's easy enough to remove when you need to separate the skin and liner. It's been worry free.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom