PADI Does Revoke Certifications

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

well, I for one am impressed that you had the integrity to speak up. PM me your address and I'd like to send you a HOG T Shirt (make sure you tell me what size)

It was an independent instructor and that instructor skipped the country so I guess I'm out of luck. There are many frauds out there unfortunately.

Hi Tracy,
Sorry to hear about your training fiasco, and I am especially sad to hear about a bad instructor out there issuing fraudulent/unearned certs...

PADI really does investigate these types of complaints as they of course tarnish the Brand.

Let me make sure I understand right, you only paid for the certification cards(@$28.00 each) as the cost of the Dry Suit course was incentive to purchase a suit from her, and the deep was given just because you made a dive with her to XX feet.

I think under those circumstances the only thing I might do is go to the SUIT manufacturer and relay this story to them, and see if they can hook you up with a discounted course in your area. They might consider taking away her "key man" discount(if that was the scenario)...

Cheers,
Roger

There were safety issues. She had me do the drysuit class in an overhead enviornment and she said I earned my deep certification because she said that she saw me successfully complete a cave dive from around 90 feet and for her that satisfied the requirements of the Deep Specialty. PADI wasn't too happy about this and made me explain in detail the events. OW certs in an overhead environment=PADI Not Happy. I had to make sure I told PADI that I was a cave certified diver.

I've had great instructors and terrible instructors. The bad ones, I don't take any more classes with (or from the shop that employed them). I look at the classes as an indroduction, but it is up to me to hone the skills with practice. The dry suit class only gives you the basics in my opinion. "Eed to get the dives in and see how the specific suit works with your body and weighting. I have 40 dry suit dives and still learning. I didn't do deep diver and have dove to 125'. I do have advanced. It is all about you comfort level and knowing the principles.

Keep your cards and practice the skills with others. You will start to feel comfortable. Don't use the dive shop that hooked you up with that instructor.

Sent from my DROID3 using Tapatalk

I'm gonna call my college and tell them I can't remember anything from my 8am classes. I wonder what they'll say...

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

I'm gonna call my college and tell them I can't remember anything from my 8am classes. I wonder what they'll say...

Sent from my SPH-P100 using Tapatalk 2

Let me know. I can't remember my sophomore year.

well, I for one am impressed that you had the integrity to speak up. PM me your address and I'd like to send you a HOG T Shirt (make sure you tell me what size)

Thank you. :) I just hope the effort was not in vain.

She was in cave country. Cave divers are a close knit group. You don't screw anyone in cave country. Had I not paid I would have looked dishonest. For the most part Cave Divers are the most honest, friendly divers you will ever meet. Just don't screw a fellow diver because you never know who they know . This girl is really finding that out the hard way.

Is this the same woman? Beware........... A thief resides in fort white Good reason to skip the country. If not it is an odd coincidence for sure.

Wow, it seems the scale of event this woman created is far bigger what we are discussing here. Thanks to Tracy for taking action here.

Tracy appears to have been quite effective. An upcoming issue of The Undersea Journal will likely include an update (Quality Management Statistics).

Back
Top Bottom