PADI getting sued over Insurance Program

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Why is it, when people learn how to profit using their marketing and dominance in the industry, a few cry "scam" or "fraud"? Thal, I would suggest that in your eyes, just about EVERYTHING PADI does, would do or has done is suspect and evil. Somehow if they fed the homeless in Calcutta I feel you would scream foul. Why is that? (Rhetorical: no need to really answer.)

Dude you've beat the drum right through the skin, you've overplayed the tune to the point it keeps skipping on the phrase "PADI is evil" and your relentless assault on everything PADI is nigh on legendary: we have your play book memorized. We get it, we really do. Perhaps you could really surprise us and change the channel or find another dead horse to beat?

No need to beat dead horses, their dead, PADI is still quite alive and, I know you've heard it before, is basically a criminal conspiracy. In fact it has been shown to be such, in court, at least twice ... it's ability to survive those loses amazes me almost as much as you ability to ignore them.

Is PADI the root of all diving evil? No, that was NASDS, and thankfully they're gone now ... replaced by SSI and, of course, you have heard (seen) the latest on Mcneese (SSI CEO, ex-NASDS Executive Director)? And let's not forget Bennet at DAN and his cronies. It's a hell of an industry.

Last edited:
Is PADI the root of all diving evil? No, that was NASDS, and thankfully they're gone now ... replaced by SSI and, of course, you have heard (seen) the latest on Mcneese (SSI CEO, ex-NASDS Executive Director)?

NASDS was not replaced by SSI; SSI was replaced by NASDS. The only thing that is SSI about the organization is its name. All the old NASDS policies and philosophies are at the heart of SSI now. They use many of the old NASDS words, concepts, and training materials, just rebranded as SSI.

I was in a 5 day workshop on store marketing run by Doug McNeese this winter. He spent a lot of time talking about his past and how the NASDS marketing concepts moved to SSI with him. He never mentioned any SSI policies that he adapted when he took it over--it was all the other way around. The PADI shop with which I used to work bought into it hook, line, and sinker. That is the primary reason I am no longer associated with the shop. I refused to make lying to the students in order to improve the profit margins on gear a part of my instructional process.

So what indeed is the latest on Doug McNeese? Anything after this winter?

Why is it, when people learn how to profit using their marketing and dominance in the industry, a few cry "scam" or "fraud"? Thal, I would suggest that in your eyes, just about EVERYTHING PADI does, would do or has done is suspect and evil. Somehow if they fed the homeless in Calcutta I feel you would scream foul. Why is that? (Rhetorical: no need to really answer.)

Dude you've beat the drum right through the skin, you've overplayed the tune to the point it keeps skipping on the phrase "PADI is evil" and your relentless assault on everything PADI is nigh on legendary: we have your play book memorized. We get it, we really do. Perhaps you could really surprise us and change the channel or find another dead horse to beat?

Give me a break !!! This CERTAINLY sounds like a VERY personal attack against Thal ... simply because the MODERATOR does not agree with him !!!

Mr. Moderator ... play fair with us, OK? In the (not so distant) past, you have deleted my posts because you did not agree with me ... but "you" can rant and rave and "name names" and it's "OK" ???

IMHO, Thal brings (nothing less than a) BALANCE to this site's pro-PADI editorilizations and slants. He CLEARLY identifies other agencies that have (in his opinion) failed in their respective obligations and responsibilities to their members and the public ...

but it seems that "ItsBruce" can go an and on and on and on ad infinitm with his "I told you so" and "that's" OK? But not "OK" for Thal? Or, when I called "ItsBruce" by his first name my post got deleted as being "inflammatory", but as MODERATOR it's seems to be OK to single out Thal (not his posting handle/name)? I don't get it.

Just play fair. So you like PADI and Thal does not. Big deal. Take him off your Christmas A-List. Forget his birthday. Just "make nice" and play under the same rules that seem to be arbitrarily enforced on those who disagree with the Moderator.

Hey ... It's OK, Pete and I disagree on some things and agree on others, we remain friends, but we are honest in how we express our disagreements ... but thanks for the support.

Give me a break !!! This CERTAINLY sounds like a VERY personal attack against Thal ... simply because the MODERATOR does not agree with him !!!

Mr. Moderator ... play fair with us, OK? In the (not so distant) past, you have deleted my posts because you did not agree with me ... but "you" can rant and rave and "name names" and it's "OK" ???

IMHO, Thal brings (nothing less than a) BALANCE to this site's pro-PADI editorilizations and slants. He CLEARLY identifies other agencies that have (in his opinion) failed in their respective obligations and responsibilities to their members and the public ...

but it seems that "ItsBruce" can go an and on and on and on ad infinitm with his "I told you so" and "that's" OK? But not "OK" for Thal? Or, when I called "ItsBruce" by his first name my post got deleted as being "inflammatory", but as MODERATOR it's seems to be OK to single out Thal (not his posting handle/name)? I don't get it.

Just play fair. So you like PADI and Thal does not. Big deal. Take him off your Christmas A-List. Forget his birthday. Just "make nice" and play under the same rules that seem to be arbitrarily enforced on those who disagree with the Moderator.
Dude (channeling NetDoc and that "dude" thread), relax, take a deep breath. This is the online equivalent of stamping your feet and holding your breath. You got moderated; get over it. Moderators who post in a thread don't moderate the thread.

Disagreeing with someone, even vehemently, does not constitute an attack. I called him no names and made no threats that are part and parcel of a personal attack.

Balance? There are more strident anti-PADI people on ScubaBoard than there are those who sing its praises. Thal identifies ALL agencies as being deficient and often singles out PADI. BTW, Thal (or Thalassamania) is not his real name. While I know his real name, I respect Thal too much to use it.

Somehow, I get your idea of "fair" is that any and all agencies can be castigated without an opposing view. Sorry, but my own honesty and integrity won't allow me to stay silent when I see Shenanigans.

The agencies do not represent the axis of evil in the Scuba Industry. There will always be conspiracy theorists among us and even the more intelligent among us are prone to crossing into that realm when their emotions get the better of them.

Back
Top Bottom