PADI TecRec

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

PADI Instructors interested in a never been used TecRec instructor package PM me, I'll make you a good deal. I have no use for it.
Thanks

UDTMaster once bubbled...
Hello

I finished my PADI Tec Reck deep. This course was fantastic, that materials are well organised and easlly understood. I can very shortly in the near future see PADI coming out with a Trimix program if they can find the instructors.

How about a little more information? Maybe a trip report? Something on course content, structure, skills, dives, instructor, etc? I'd like to know what PADI is teaching in the TecRec program.

:maniac:
I've been lurking for a long time, but that was the most accurate account of the Tec Rec course I have encountered Chris.

in the last couple of years than most people - lucky so and so! He is also probably one of the fittest divers around which is why he can (he is an olympic gold medalist bike racer and tour de france competitor in case the name sounds familiar!).

As he mentioned he also did the TDI/ER course which gives a nice follow up and comparison.

But as he said he had the same instructor for both - once again it comes down to instructor seems to be a familiar line....

I've seen the manuals and they look great - just never spoken to anyone that has actually done the course.

Jonathan

I have just ordered the TecRec Deep student materials from PADI,

And I have the TecRec Instructor Manual in front of me at the moment.

It does make for an interesting read. It is very much DSAT and not PADI in this manual.

From what I have read so far I am very impressed with the presentation of the theory. It is really about talking people out of the course rather than the usual PADI spin.

I will do a book report once I have finished reading all the materials.

i just completed the apprentice tec diver course which is the course work plus 7 of the 12 dives required for the full "tec deep diver" cert. the apprentice tech certs you to 130 ft, up to 60% o2, and for no deco, gas switch dives.
but you have trained to plan dives (deco and all),stage/switch tanks, hover to deco, shoot a lift bag...essentially all the stuff for deco diving.
but, for the full rating you need rescue diver and greater diving experience than i have, which is fine by me!
deco diving involves higher risks and much higher diving ability than open water (no deco limits) diving.
the course and book are very well designed. it progresses with a logical, well-thought out structure and at a reasonable pace. it may be short on deco theory and science, but it is designed (and succeeds) to provide all the knowledge and skill sets to get you there. it teaches a huge amount of info in a laid back, non-condescending manner.
importantly, it encourages gradual development and honing of the skills needed to make you a good, safe diver , rather than just churning out the certification.
i can't wait to go further!!

dt

Just read chapter 2. I will keep you posted, but so far so good...

UDTMaster once bubbled...
Hello

I finished my PADI Tec Reck deep. This course was fantastic, that materials are well organised and easlly understood. I can very shortly in the near future see PADI coming out with a Trimix program if they can find the instructors.

UDTMaster

Since you have completed the class can you answer the following questions. I've tried previously to get these answers but no one seems to be able to answer them.

1) Please cite for me the procedure that provides for a diver to overcome nitrogen narcosis while diving to 165' on air????

2) Please cite for me the physiological anamoly that provides for a reduction of the gas density at 165' on air???

3) Please cite for me the physiological anamoly that allows for the reduction of the accumulation of C02 while breathing air at 165'???

4) Bearing in mind that C02 is 130 times more narcotic then nitrogen, can you please cite for me the procedure that allows me to avoid C02 toxicity at 165'???

5) PADI has long maintained that isobaric counter diffusion is the reason that one should not breath helium and then switch to a high level 02 mix, so can you explain to me why if it is such a bad idea at 165' why PADI will now be teaching it at 166'???

6) Please explain to me that given that it will take 1500 minutes on nitrous oxide to worry about isobaric counter diffusion why a sport diver would even need to know anything about it???

7) Please take a careful look at pg 128 of the Rec Tec manual and tell me if you agree with that procedure for shooting a lift bag???

Thanks

http://cavediveflorida.com/Rum_House.htm

Back
Top Bottom