Paralenz Vaquita 2

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

RobPNW

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
100 - 199
I've read a lot of disappointing reviews of the original Vaquita camera. Anyone have hands on experience with the new version? At first glance, it looks like a wider view, more light to the sensor and improved underwater color correction. But still having no image stabilization might be a deal breaker for me.

I gave up on Paralenz a while ago. After being extremely disappointed with the first 2 models I have 0 faith in the next one. I tried really hard to like the Vaquita but when I switch to the GoPro 10 it was a night and day difference. And nowadays with all the super deep housings on the market (I have the iQsub 300m one) you can take a GoPro anywhere.

Lets face it GoPro is now on revision 10 leading into 11 they have a ridiculous market/sales meaning there R&D budget is probably several decimal places larger than Paralenz's. I just don't see how Paralenz will ever catch up to performance of a GoPro and obviously the GoPro is just going to keep getting better each time they release a new one. Its a really really really really steep uphill battle Paralenz has.

I mean Paralenz still does not even have image stabilization, they are light years behind.

I've turned boatloads off buying them and proud

It's not a vacation/recreation camera. I love how hands off and low maintenance it is for inspections and surveys. I click it on, attach it to my helmet and done.
I find it funny that they keep marketing themselves as a competitor to the gopro.

I had the og one for a bit, It was nice to have an entire dive recorded to go back and look at things.
Been thinking of a new one, but the price is just too much for a nice-to-have

I bought the Gen 2 and I take it on its first dive this afternoon. Now, it's maiden dive will be a Texas lake, so the video can only be so good. But, we'll see what it captures. I do like the pistol grip accessory handle for it. When stored in my BC's zip utility pouch, it's sort of like a holster on my hip. I guess that makes me sort of an underwater cowboy.

Thinking of getting a Vaquita for the mask mount to add another perspective to my dive videos, I already have a GoPro and and lights mounted on my scooter. I would not mount a GoPro on my mask/ head too big and bulky in a deep housing.

Thinking of getting a Vaquita for the mask mount to add another perspective to my dive videos, I already have a GoPro and and lights mounted on my scooter. I would not mount a GoPro on my mask/ head too big and bulky in a deep housing.
I do like the side of the mask mounting setup on that camera.

I wouldn't buy any Paralanez camera since they filed for bankruptcy just a few days ago, so no more firmware update, warranty got uncertain too. :(

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom