Park Fee

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I looked at one I got last December and it says "Valor sin ajuste $30.34 pesos." "Valor con ajuste $30.00 pesos." I don't know what "adjustment" they are referring to. As of today that would be about $1.63 USD. I seem to recall they charged me around $2.00 or $2.50 per day at Scuba Club. They were very adamant about all divers wearing the wrist band but I don't recall ever seeing anyone who resembled a park ranger or some such thing.

Apparently while I was writing this Christi explained why I never saw a park ranger :wink: Thanks for the thorough explanation.

Park fee goes to the park - completely separate from the chamber. And no one should be paying a chamber fee - anyone who is fooled by thinking a $1 a day chamber fee covers you is very poorly informed or mistaken.
Thanks for the straight scoop. So how much is the park fee?

Chamber Contribution: I was led to believe that this wasn't to cover the cost of using the chamber, but it was a donation to keep the availability and upkeep of the chamber.

Park Fee: I just set up my dives for May with Dressel. They are charging me $2 per day for the Park Fee.

New blue bracelets have 31 pesos printed on them.

Chamber Contribution: I was led to believe that this wasn't to cover the cost of using the chamber, but it was a donation to keep the availability and upkeep of the chamber.
That is correct. We don't want anyone to think that the chamber donation in any way represents diving injury insurance.

Many Cozumel shops have been charging $2 per day and dealing with the National Park grief as just part of overhead. Again, there is NO justification for a chamber fee, at least not in Cozumel.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers

New blue bracelets have 31 pesos printed on them.
Many Cozumel shops have been charging $2 per day and dealing with the National Park grief as just part of overhead. Again, there is NO justification for a chamber fee, at least not in Cozumel.

Dave Dillehay
Aldora Divers
Well, 31 pesos is less than $2 isn't it, aside from currency exchange costs.

+ IVA :) - shops also have the permit fees - so many shops are charging $3 for the MP fee
I don't know what IVA, permit fees, and MP fees are. I suppose shops have a lot of expenses and can pass along whatever they chose.

Well, 31 pesos is less than $2 isn't it, aside from currency exchange costs.

I don't know what IVA, permit fees, and MP fees are. I suppose shops have a lot of expenses and can pass along whatever they chose.

Dear DD,

You try charging exactly or near what you pay and see how long you stay in business.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers

Dear DD,

You try charging exactly or near what you pay and see how long you stay in business.

Dave Dillehay

Aldora Divers
This is different. The fee is quoted separately from trip charges. I suppose there is some reason it's not simply included therein?

You don't mark up sales taxes, do you...??

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom