Pics of new Halcyon setup!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Nice and shiny! :D

As others have said, a shorter HP hose, with a heavy-duty brass SPG attached to a boltsnap would 'cleaner'. Secure it to the left hip D-ring.

There's no need for extra gauge redundancy in the console.

How do you find the choice of regulator ports? I've used SP Mk25 for years, but didn't put the AAS into the rear port, as I felt it didn't route as well for actual air-sharing. More of an issue with short hose, than it will be on long hose though. It is cleaner for stowage though.

Is john the cave diver that travels to central FL a lot? I believe he is the one who just serviced my reg as well.

Yes, sort of a good looking fellow. Frank (older) is normally their service technician and one of the best in S. Florida...

Back to that dreaded console. I just noticed your SPG is a lower-grade plastic contraption. Replace with Halcyon's or Dive Rite's solid brass SPG at the first opportunity.

27xp8bb.jpg

Set up for attachment, using braided nylon cord & cave knot to a chrome bolt snap...
spg-clip2005.jpg

Nice and shiny! :D

How do you find the choice of regulator ports? I've used SP Mk25 for years, but didn't put the AAS into the rear port, as I felt it didn't route as well for actual air-sharing. More of an issue with short hose, than it will be on long hose though. It is cleaner for stowage though.

My AAS is actually on the port directly in front of the rear port (the port in front of the open port in my pic).

As far as hose lengths. Because i have a bigger chest and back than most, the 24 inch hose is the minimum for my AAS. I have tried every port combo for the AAS and what it is on now seems the best. I need to log some hours on this combo though to further fine tune it.

As said, instead of screwing around with a new spg and reducing drag (which will have little impact) I'd suggest that you plug the open LP port on yer reg. :).

As said, instead of screwing around with a new spg and reducing drag (which will have little impact)

It has to be a holistic approach. Every little helps. A hose here, a strap there... properly streamlining your kit is about a hundred clever tweeks...

I have the same set up, I will be getting rid of my console and going to the brass SPG and wrist computer, hopefully by the time the COz invasion is here.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom