Planning out my first BP/W: critique my ingredients list

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

The Halcyon webbing is probably the nicest on the market, but that's about the only advantage the Halcyon stuff has. If you really want it, you can buy the webbing separately, it will work with any triglide and d-ring.

Plates aren't "standard." The only thing standard about them is the hole spacing for a twinset. There's no guarantee that anything else on the plate, from other hole position to amount of bend to webbing slot location to any other "feature," is the same from manufacturer to manufacturer. There's no "standard" backplate design. Most are pretty similar, but there's no guarantee from manufacturer to manufacturer.

I shop at DGX all the time but don't like the plate because I wanted to put a backplate pad on there and the holes are NOT standard. Why do I want a pad? Cause I want to put a lift bag under the pad. So I did not realize this until a few weeks ago. Otherwise I love the plates (have 1 Steel and 1 AL of them). Now in fairness to them, it does say in the fine print. So its my error.

They are a great outfit. But the plates are not standard.

I believe the dive rite pad is compatible with the plate.

Do the bottom corners of the wing fold backwards so it wouldn’t dig into my waist?

Do the bottom corners of the wing fold backwards so it wouldn’t dig into my waist?
Nothing digs in for sure.

Just a heads up all wings are back in stock on the vintagedoublehose website. Just bought an 18#. Hurry up and get the before they're all gone!

Thanks so much. I checked a few hours ago but just ordered now. Yay!!!

Why do you need a 30# wing, for singles I use a 18# wing its more then enough for warm water singles diving I love the VDH 18# I use Steel tanks and no weights though.

There’s nothing wrong with a back pad, they are pretty easy to fit with bungee instead of book screws or tie wraps.

Why do you need a 30# wing, for singles I use a 18# wing its more then enough for warm water singles diving I love the VDH 18# I use Steel tanks and no weights though.

because the water in carmel was 50F saturday, so if you dive a 7mm farmer john, you need quite a bit of weight to sink it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom