Please recommend good dive operater in Boracay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

scubaju

Reaction score
I'll be going to Boracay next week.
I realize Boracay is not the best place for diving, but since i will be there anyway, i may as well make a few dives!

Can someone please recommend a good dive shop/DM there?
Anything else i need to know?
Thanks for any tips!

I would recommend Victory Divers as the first choice. Where are you staying? If you are further down the beach then Scuba World. I have dove with both

Mike holding the fort while the PPD'ers are off to Coron this weekend? LOL

I think i'm staying somewhere called Lami or something!
My non diving friends booked, I wasn't really paying attention, i think it was Lami!
Thanks Mike, will look into both these places and see which is easier for me!

pakman:
Mike holding the fort while the PPD'ers are off to Coron this weekend? LOL
Someone has to keep Ish entertained... :wink:

scubaju:
I think i'm staying somewhere called Lami or something!
My non diving friends booked, I wasn't really paying attention, i think it was Lami!
Thanks Mike, will look into both these places and see which is easier for me!
its called Nami. Nice resort with a jacuzzi in the balcony of your room. You can probably chill out with drinks while you're in the jacuzzi with a fantastic view and sunset to go. We dove with calypso and we did yapak and crocodile island sites.

Ahh, good point!!! Calypso is another good op! Richard is also a good one to go drinking with.....their new place and bar looks great (new around 2001 that is)

So Boracay is not really a dive destination I guess?

scubaju:
I'll be going to Boracay next week.
I realize Boracay is not the best place for diving, but since i will be there anyway, i may as well make a few dives!

Can someone please recommend a good dive shop/DM there?
Anything else i need to know?
Thanks for any tips!

The beaches there are full of dive ops - at least the main ones. Just checkout a few near where you are staying and then have fun diving. I only did one dive there, my discovery dive, but it was enough to get me hooked.

Diver Dennis:
So Boracay is not really a dive destination I guess?

They do have some good sites, the drift between boracay and the main island has some nice fans and soft coral, the sloping reef/coral gardens on the back side of the island (not the beach side) has great nudis and aggressive clownfish. Yapak gets a lot of talk but....

Still a fantastic island to hang out, i have been 5 or 6 times i think, Canadian buddies used to live there. I spent more time on the golf course than in the water

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom