Please recommend good dive operater in Boracay

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Mike Veitch:
Call me secret agent man!! :wink:

Not sure of the name anymore but there is a great little 3 floor villa directly behind Victory, which is where i always stay.... run by a great lady named Normette.
I am sure Victory could tell you the name and book you in if you contact them. You will have to google Victory as i don't know their website or if they have one...

If you are looking for something a little flashier then Nigi Nigi Nu Noos is right next door, full service hotel and restaurant.

And to be honest.... i have only ever dove with Victory once....too busy golfing to bother with diving when i am in Boracay...
La Carmela de Boracay comes to mind...next to Victory Divers

jonix:
yup Nigi Nigi Nu Noos...

no i don't work for them either...but i sure wish i'm back in boracay right now :D
yup nigis rocks!

might be in bora feb 20-25... don't know if i can dive though :sad:

Jag

Mike Veitch:
. run by a great lady named Normette.

And to be honest.... i have only ever dove with Victory once....too busy golfing to bother with diving when i am in Boracay...

Normette is Victor's ex and the mother of Francie and Sebastian. But you dive with macho Germans if you dive with Victory. Aquarius on the other hand...Mi Young....Gina...for a guy may be a ....uhhh....better view. And Mi young is a great guide, not to mention a great lady. Calypso does (at least used to) a weird thing at Yapak. Because of the current and the timing of getting down to the wall before blowing past it they line up along the side and on, "one...two...THREE" they all back roll in at the same time. I always figured someone was going to land on someone's head doing that. Plus they don't do any deco time at all. Most other shops will stay until the first tank is to half and ascend. Calypso does it by no deco at all. Fisheye is good too.
And what do you mean "Yapak gets a lot of talk, but"? Yapak rocks.:D Have you been all the way around the corner to Yapak 3? The cave, the elevator? The bicycle? I've done that dive about 120 times and never got tired of it.

Hank49:
Normette is Victor's ex and the mother of Francie and Sebastian. But you dive with macho Germans if you dive with Victory. Aquarius on the other hand...Mi Young....Gina...for a guy may be a ....uhhh....better view. And Mi young is a great guide, not to mention a great lady. Calypso does (at least used to) a weird thing at Yapak. Because of the current and the timing of getting down to the wall before blowing past it they line up along the side and on, "one...two...THREE" they all back roll in at the same time. I always figured someone was going to land on someone's head doing that. Plus they don't do any deco time at all. Most other shops will stay until the first tank is to half and ascend. Calypso does it by no deco at all. Fisheye is good too.
And what do you mean "Yapak gets a lot of talk, but"? Yapak rocks.:D Have you been all the way around the corner to Yapak 3? The cave, the elevator? The bicycle? I've done that dive about 120 times and never got tired of it.
You know Hank i just wrote a nice long reply to your post but i just deleted it....

Can't be asked to bicker, as an ex employee of Aquarius you obviously have opinions so i won't go any further

I didn't work for Aquarius. I worked for Fisheye. Actually all the afore mentioned shops are good and I can't say one is better than the other. Especially since I haven't been to Boracay since Dec 99. And if I was in Boracay I would be giving Victor a lot of s**t because that's they way we are. We did a search with another guy from Iloilo for a sunken Japanese warship between Masbate and Panay. Spent two days with some soldiers camping and dragging anchor and did some DEEP dives. We found it and I videoed it. But Victor saw a western style toilet through one of the windows so we figured either the Japanese captain was tired of squatting or it wasn't Japanese. Victor is a great guy. Sorry if I came off like he isn't. And as for the macho German comment, that was a compliment in disguise...my last name is Bauman, by the way. But Yapak, in my opinion, is world class.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom