Plura, Norway: Body recovery operation started

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Wow, that was a pretty awful disaster. Thanks for posting that. Seemed to imply they both died due to hypercapnia resulting from stress at 130 meters?

Fascinating read. Thanks for posting the link. Cannot imagine the level of intensity it must take to take on a feat like this. That length, at that depth, at that temp. Condolences for the victims.

The Finns' fateful cave dive in Norway was a ghastly struggle
In English, apologies if already posted. Has some video clips of the cave plus maps.

Well, if we wanted to pick nits, the stuff has been linked to earlier. The English text in one article, and the videos/map graphics in a Finnish version. But the combo hasn't been posted here before, so I guess it's quite OK :)

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

---------- Post added September 17th, 2015 at 03:48 PM ----------

Very instructive material. None of this makes me want to start cave diving.

Although I don't dive caves either, in all fairness, this wasn't "normal" cave diving. It was rather extreme exploration.

--
Sent from my Android phone
Typos are a feature, not a bug

And there is a new video coming out.

[video=vimeo;139558439]https://vimeo.com/139558439[/video]

I came here to post the same video, only to see that two others had beaten me to it.

Planned release in 2016, according to the movie's FB page

Just so you know, the documentary is out in theaters and I thought it was an excellent one.

The movie and discussion of that has a thread of its own. The thread contains lots of comments, info about where to see the movie now and where to get information about it's future showings.

This is the SB thread under "Scuba diving TV and Movies":
Diving Into The Unknown (2016) / "Takaisin Pintaan"

I remember there was a site/link that had a detailed explanation of the dive and what happened (in english). Does anyone have that link handy? It was quite a few pages long.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom