PNG Scubabboarders 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

In my humble opinion, I think it is one of the most coveted destination right now. Off the beaten path, for sure. Bella, have a blast, we will be thinking of you here at the ranch!

Are there still head hunters there????

can't wait to see what people say...I hear yes. Well, cannibals anyway.

I've been told that they can get winds that can affect dive site choices from mid-February to mid-March - the resort discounts rates 20% during that timeframe. July and August is the rainy season, but I have heard from people traveling during that time that they got no rain at all during the trip.

catherine96821:
Okay, PNG is at the top of my list and Bali bumped it for another year. I want to start planning now and Parabolic, and mdb (Oceanic?) have given me some good inside scoop. I have to retrace my e-mails but there is a little resort where you can do half your trip land based and then go aboard their liveaboard for some more remote sites.
3-4 days on a boat sounds about right for my sensibilites.

Anybody else interested? We would rumble about it for awhile...pick a season...pick a place...I need to get it on the callendar so I can put some money that direction. I will go either way, but it seems there might be some others out there who haven't hit PNG yet and there are people I would love to meet.

If we get enough people we can maybe have a casual phot-fest. I am planning to buy artifacts topside and want to get some images of endengenous people...etc
I'd be interested ... if you don't mind having an old, fat dude along on the trip ... :wink:

I'm planning to return to Bali in March 2008 ... but haven't put any 2007 plans on the calendar yet ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Interested, PNG is high on the "where do I go next" list. The only thing holding me back is that from here it is a VERY long flight. 36 + hours

Have you found a way to get there from Hawaii without going through Sydney? (Lots of flights from here to Hawaii.)

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom