PNG Scubabboarders 2007

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Darnold9999:
Interested, PNG is high on the "where do I go next" list. The only thing holding me back is that from here it is a VERY long flight. 36 + hours

Have you found a way to get there from Hawaii without going through Sydney? (Lots of flights from here to Hawaii.)

I have been to Cairns twice using it to get to PNG this past July. My flight originated in GRR - Mich. --to --Cairns Aus,.26 hours. GRR to Houston to Hawaii to Guam to Cairns. This is on Continental, maybe you could get on that same flight out of Honolulu, that would be about 12 hours off my flight time.

NWGratefulDiver:
I'd be interested ... if you don't mind having an old, fat dude along on the trip ... :wink:

I'm planning to return to Bali in March 2008 ... but haven't put any 2007 plans on the calendar yet ...

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Hey, not only do we not mind, we will work around your schedule!....I know you come with a huge following. Bob, take a look at the little hotel/livaboard combo link above and see what you think. To me, it looks great and the notion of doing part of the trip on the livaboard is fantastic because we would get the topside experience as well...and get to do lots of remote sites too. parabolic says he just added some more pics to his site. (link in my above post)

Darnold, Doug ....yea, its a long flight you guys...but just picture the rest of all of us greeting your plane with tropical cocktails and colorful natives...I see a trip shaping up.

Now this is starting to sound interesting. :D

David, you have to bring your own chaperone.

Oceanic toys,...what kind? have any of those sled things?

Doug Krause:
We could certainly organize a Scubaboard group trip to Tawali - I could bring along our latest toys to play with and give myself another reason to return to this amazing place.

I'm in for sure. Let's get some prices and see what we can do for a group rate. My checkbook is ready to go.

Any thoughts re time of year? With lots of warning any time works for me. The research I did for OZ told me the best time for the North GBR weather wise was early November, is PNG the same?

How non-diver friendly is this location? i.e. bring my partner or plan to go on my own. She is NOT a diver - no interest at all. Will look at the pictures, but that is about it.

Doug, I would love to see some of your products. i have to admit there is no dealer where I live in Canada and Mexico but I've heard a lot of great things about Oceanic.

Back
Top Bottom