POLL: What was your first dive computer and would you buy it again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Data max pro plus 2.1 and yes I would. I actually miss it I dive a luna now and love it but I miss my data max.

Sent from my galaxy S5 Active.

My first, a US Divers Monitor II circa 1980 or so. I still have it and it still works.

Aladin Pro bought in 1996. Won't buy it again because it is NOT Nitrox compatible. It packed up last yr.
But I will buy Aladin Pro Nitrox any time, still using one since 1997.

Suunto Vyper. A nice basic nitrox computer but I would not buy it again because:

1) The Suunto Recreational RGBM sucks (no deco below 6m)

2) should really have bluetooth in 2015, not an EUR 60 usb cable. Using my third cable now.

Lähetetty minun GT-S7710 laitteesta Tapatalkilla

Scubapro Aladin 2G. I now dive a Galileo Sol but still carry the Aladin 2G for back-up.

VEO 250. I wouldn't buy another computer that didn't run VPM or Busmann GF. Modern OLED or LCD screens are much easier to read too.

1. Shearwater petrel
2. Yes, incredible computer, easy to use, rec mode is great and simple yet still fully functional and can grow its you. Only downside I see is price if you are unsure how much you will dive/enjoy it and don't want to shell out that much cash. Ask how many people have traded in the predator/petrel or have been unhappy.

i was interested in tec so I did a lot of research before buy this computer and I'm so happy with my choice.

if you are looking to save some cash, Hollis dg03 is a great deal, cheap effective, ai optional later if you want to stay rec, gauge mode for if you go tec.

Wife and I both had Aladin Prime in the early 2000s. They worked fine until after the first battery change. Thereafter, they both drained batteries faster and faster. By the 3rd battery, I couldn't keep either alive for a week.

Tech support indicated that it was a known problem.

So no, I would not buy it again.

Uwatec Aladin Air Pro. it is a brick, it died years back and I resurrected it just for fun, its going strong again. even logs 10 dives!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom