POLL: What was your first dive computer and would you buy it again?

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Oceanic Atom 1.0. Loved it, still works but for the price now there are a lot more options.

I currently use a Perdix and a Nitek Q4, both lovely computers.

Suunto Cobra. No but not really any fault of the computer. It worked just fine, I just found my preference is for a wrist mounted computer versus a console type.

Sherwood source. Got me through a thousand dives or so. A fine machine.

My first computer in 2002 was an Oceanic Pro Plus. I have since has a Pro Plus 2 and now a 7 year old VT3. I really like the DSAT decompression algorithm but I'm not sure I would buy another Oceanic computer, given where the lineup has gone. I believe I am headed for a computer running Buhlmann ZH-L16C. I have been diving a Dive Rite Nitek Q backup for about a year to learn about the algorithm.

1) Suunto Solution (pre "Alpha" edition) I think I got it in 1992, followed by a couple of Diverite Bridge IIs that I traded up for a couple of Nitek 3s ( with a Duo somewhere there too.) then my last computer purchase was a pair of Diverite Nitek He's. I wouldn't get another Solution as the algorithm took forever to clear deco, but I would happily buy the Duo or He if they were still available as they are still my "go to" computers.

I started with an Oceanic 180nx and then got a Suunto Gekko that didn't last long. I thought the algorithm on the Gekko was totally ridiculous. I liked the 180, but have since upgraded to the VEO 3.0 and a ProPlus 3.0 as PG and backup computer.

Cressi Giotto - good computer but I wouldn't buy it again. Not because the computer didn't work but I would prefer the features in a few other computers over that now.

Features such as:
LED screen as opposed to LCD - so much more readable in murky water/night dives
Larger screen- far easier to read
Air integrated - love the ability to monitor my consumption without taking my eye of the computer.

Uwatec Aladin...this was about 2000 maybe 2001 Loved it. Dove the heck out of it. Wouldn't buy it again, as I'm wanting a computer that can handle mixes gasses.

uwatec.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom