Poor drysuit service from LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

there is no way i would accept a suit that i purchased new and was loaned out to someone without my permission. and then send it out for alterations. especialy after a year of lies. i would be in small claims court getting my money back and also sue for the difference it the extra cost for the dui suit. there is no reasonable excuse for thier actions or them not giving you a complete refund.

well, i hope it all works out for you in the end!

Russ

he can sell, but yes indeedy, I would be still going after the LDS. Put them out of business if you have to, get a judgment and then start seizing assets, make their life at least as miserable as they made yours. Maybe next time these gypsies start a business they won't take advantage of someone again.

As for white's, the LEAST they could do is offer to refund your money and take the suit back at this point. Anything less would, IMO, leave a black mark on white's.

It sounds like at least two LDS's won't be doing business with them over this. I'm sure that will be multiplied by 10 with the silent viewers on this thread.

White's IS responsible for the way their LDS's sell their goods. they ought to cancel that LDS's distributorship, and acknowledge so publicly as well.

I promise you this: I have been on trips sponsored by dive equipment mfgr's, and I've written to them to tell them thanks and to let them know I've purchased a product of theirs because of it. I'll promise you this too: White's, I'm in the market for a drysuit in the next year. If you don't do the right thing here and now, I will NOT even consider your product.

I'll promise you this too: White's, I'm in the market for a drysuit in the next year. If you don't do the right thing here and now, I will NOT even consider your product.

It sounds like the OP wants to keep the suit and have White's alter it. And it sounds like they are going to do that.

Should White's not do what the OP wants and do what you want instead and give the guy a refund??? :confused: I think White's should do what it takes to make the OP happy be it a refund or fixing the suit as he asked. Sounds like he wants the suit fixed as he said it would make a nice warm water suit.

up to and including buying the suit back from him if that's what he wants.

It was my opinion he might have wanted the money, since he got a DUI suit.

Either way, I'm probably more mad at White's than most - I deal with manufacturers seeking representation, then not doing anything about really lousy representation all the time. They blame it on the reps that THEY hired. The bottom line to me is that white's created the dealer network, White's should govern the dealer network and White's should be responsible in some way (at least ethically, if not legally) for its performance.
Add to that White's inability to contact this guy until the law got involved, and you've got an equation equaling I wouldn't want to do business with them, period.

Where I fault the LDS is everything from beginning to end - where I fault white's is not aggressively intervening and making this guy more whole at white's expense.

But, I can see that some won't agree with this, and I only offer that everyone's entitled to their opinion and entitled to do business with whoever they want.

I think White's should do what it takes to make the OP happy be it a refund or fixing the suit as he asked. Sounds like he wants the suit fixed as he said it would make a nice warm water suit.
It is easy to see why Whites' involvement is limited. The shop ordered the suit for another diver, who apparently didn't want it / didn't pay for it. At that point, Whites had fulfilled their responsibility. The shop owned the suit. The shop then sold the suit to Medic13, at a discount, in a transaction that didn't involve Whites in any way. The shop's miserable behavior reflects on the shop, not on Whites, any more than it reflects on any other manufacturer whose gear that shop carries. The shop owners are simply liars and cheats. Even so, the involvement of the Whites representative ultimately contributed to the resolution. The really good news is that Medic13 got his suit back, albeit a little muddy. I suspect that, if he deals directly with Whites for alterations, he will be treated very fairly. If he doesn't want to, he can always send the suit to Superior in Minnesota, or Gamble in Florida, and be assured of good work.

Iv'e been following this thread since it's conception, the saga never ends. I own 2 whites suits, both dry. In all of my dealings (personaly)with Tyler from Whites, he has always been extremly professional and down right helpful. If he said that you will be taken care of, YOU WILL BE TAKEN CARE OF!!!!!!!!! Whites has way to much at stake here to let this screw-up by one of their dealers, put a blemish on their really good company. Now, I don't work for Whites,have any intrest in the company (personal of professional), but, at this point on time I won't dive any other suit. Lordy, I wouldn't have had your patcience dealing with this issue. After a month of not having my BRAND NEW SUIT, THAT I JUST PAID IN FULL FOR, I'd BE LOOKING TO PUT SOMEONES NECK IN A NOOSE! Please, medic13, keep us up to date with what happens with Whites. Good luck with your suit, this lds should be out of business!

Ok the entire suit in my hands.
Dirty with mud as they let another diver use it this winter to check a car that had went in river to make sure none was in it, so washed it appears to be no leaks, tears other than dirty, seals still uncut, boots man they was muddy so washed them best I could, Richard was very apologetic, saying they are really in debt ect ect ect. But the pisser is why did carol lie to me repeatly, all they had to say we don't have money to send off, which when I paid it off, I told them I would pay shipping. Carol told my wife and me.
Said to wait. So now I have to see how bad I going to get robbed by white’s to have the legs and shoe replaced to fit me. I fill you in more after I talk to Eric the southeast regional manger.

Your next message said whites stood behind their product, which doesn't surprise me. I dive their 45th anniversary suit and the only issues I've ever had was delays at customs but that wasn't a big deal.

But that local shop is as bad as they come. I'd let everyone know who they are and why they should be avoided.

They loaned it out????

Yes, the dive shop loaned it out, the suit is on its way to whites, same day I got the suit from dive shop both the regional manager and whites repair department manger both contacted me before 5 pm that same day.
I was advised to redo the measurements and to send it to them. To be honest the shipping was not as bad as I thought it would be. it take like 10 days to arrives at whites or something like that but there again its on its way with a tracking number and insurance. I will admit so far whites have been good. I have mixed feeling on whites, I know they make good suits and have an excellent reputation for great customer service to be honest I believe they do not even make this suit now have another version now. .
My problem still is with my local dive shop and there lack of customer service and even there Professionalism in this matter.
I am getting ready to start my tech and dive master training this spring and going with another shop farther away because of these issues.
I have always supported my local dive shop this one included very much , heck living in North Carolina is sometimes easier to call Olympus or discovery direct no I go through the dive shop yes.
I know they were making some extra cash for the dive charter.
I buy my equipment from the shop even when I find gear online cheaper even with shipping. In last four months, I have spent according to my credit card 7800 to be honest none with this local shop. Therefore, they did lose.
I keep you all informed and updated. We see what whites does from hear I have my first dive mast water part in March so might be good time to try the suit one go from there.

PS Why don't we have a bovine emoticon,,, with horns?
Ask & ye shall receive:
no_bs_tiny.jpg

I use this as my avatar on some forums:
no_bs_avatar.jpg

I will get my suit, find the next closes whites’ dealer and let them help me in this matter.
Remember that the nearest "dealer" may be as close as your local Post Office.

I always found the customs delay [into Canada] to be sort of a crap shoot, anywhere between a couple days to a couple weeks. A lot of time the goods will be just sitting in customs, who has never bothered to inform the recipient that the goods are sitting there waiting to be picked up, an odd practice in my view.
Blaming customs is pretty easy, but it only works for just so long before folks wise up.

Ok Talked To Whites Today Instead Of Cutting Up Old Suit They Are Doing New Suit And Upgrade To Ta Fusion Suit, All I Can Say Once Whites Got Involved And The Shop Out Of Picture Things Have Been Smoth And Proceeding Better And Great Customer Service. I Give More Update When It Arrives.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom