Poor drysuit service from LDS

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

That's great news! White's is taking the high road here, not just fixing, but upgrading as well.

Thanks for the update. Let us know how the new suit is.

Your suit was missing for a year and then returned to you used. My guess is whoever used it had it in his basement the whole time.

well whites replaced the whole suit ,( Fusion suit ) gave me new size boots and traval case and hose and wax . I try it on tomarrow,if I get time now just need to figure out what under garments to get.something for warmer water and cold water.

I was pretty hard on Whites in this thread, because I believe manufacturers have an obligation to the ultimate customer if one of their chosen dealers is, well, let's just say less than honorable.

I'm happy that Whites did what sounds like the right thing. I will consider buying their suit when my USIA bites the dust.

I'm not happy with USIA for a similar reason. They make you send your suit back through an LDS (USIA dealer), refusing to do seals, etc. unless they get it from an LDS. My LDS at the time was going the way of the OP's, and their policy caused me a lot of personal hardship and ultimately led me to abandon my LDS and USIA's product.
I had to wait weeks for an inferior seal job because the LDS did it themselves, and then I had to learn how to do it myself because they used older seals and they only lasted one season.
Live and learn - but the scuba dollar is very important, and LDS's and manufacturers better be ethical and go above and beyond if they want MY bucks.

What White's and all it's little reps fail to realize is that there are many of us watching these kinds of threads.

Watching and making up our minds as to who (which manufacturer) will be getting our NEXT dry suit order.

What with Whites hoping to hit the big time with their new fusion, and a lot of interest being generated about that suit, you'd think they would be a little bit faster on the customer support - even if only for the sake of their reputation in cases like this.

You can bet I'll be asking some pretty pointed questions when White's "demo days" shows up in my area.

-S

I'm quoting myself from earlier in this thread. The point being, we DO watch these threads, and as a result of White's action in this case, I'm certainly going to consider the Fusion as my next (backup?) suit purchase.

It helps that White's is just now coming to Vancouver Island to do their "demo days", and also that the fusion now has a tech skin with pockets! :14:

My first suit was a Whites (off the shelf bi-lam). It was a good suit, but did not fit me well at all. My second was (is) a DUI custom TLS350. Perfect fit, VERY expensive. It's a great suit but starting to show some wear (get out the aquaseal!). I'm looking forward to trying out the new Fusion.

-S

I had to wait weeks for an inferior seal job because the LDS did it themselves, and then I had to learn how to do it myself because they used older seals and they only lasted one season.

I'm curious. Is there a reason that you couldn't send your suit to a place that would do a good job? I'm thinking of places like Gambles in Florida or Superior Drysuit repair. Is there something about the suit or materials that left you stuck with your LDS?

Whites you went way above and beyond in this situation. As one who was very hard on Whites due to what appeared to be a lack of communication I am bumping this thread to make sure others know what an outstanding job White's did in the long run (for the customer - it did not take White's long to act after becoming involved - 3 months I think?)

Whites had zero responsibility to this customer and more than satisfied him. I do still have my dealer app for Whites and will be sending it in this week. Good job.

I am satisfied in whites , but visited the local dive shop Friday and told them what whites was doing and have all ready done , the response I received wasn't what I thought I would get , so with that said they have permanently lost my business.
matter fact went to Raleigh and bought me a new Dive computer.
lets see what I have bought that the local store didn't get.
2 steel HP 130 tanks $750
1 DUI dry suit while this one was out of action $2800
1 XTX 200 apeks regulator $560
new fins $130
two older tanks vip,and hydro $120
Dry suit class $60
all this would of been just happy to spend with them if they wouldn't been disrespectful for Lack of words to describe it.

I am satisfied in whites , but visited the local dive shop Friday and told them what whites was doing and have all ready done , the response I received wasn't what I thought I would get , so with that said they have permanently lost my business.

Care to elaborate on what the lds said?

matter fact went to Raleigh and bought me a new Dive computer.
lets see what I have bought that the local store didn't get.
2 steel HP 130 tanks $750
1 DUI dry suit while this one was out of action $2800
1 XTX 200 apeks regulator $560
new fins $130
two older tanks vip,and hydro $120
Dry suit class $60
all this would of been just happy to spend with them if they wouldn't been disrespectful for Lack of words to describe it.

This isn't the same shop that kept your suit for so long is it? I would have thought you wrote them off a long time ago. You have already proved you are much more patient than I by waiting over a year for your drysuit. Or did you just go in to show them what jerks they are and how good Whites is???

Glad things worked out for you and you have found a shop to deal with.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom