Pork Chops..help!

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

neophytediver:
Ah pork. If there is a more perfect meat on the planet, I don't want to know about it.

If you are talking THICK porkchops then I suggest my much renowned "War Between the States Grilled, Stuffed Chops." Thick porkchop stuffed with a cornbread stuffing with Washington Granny Smiths and ALABAMA (not Georgia) Peaches. Served with Garlic Mashed Cheesey Potatoes and Grilled Sweet Corn, it'll make you slap your Grandma.
But who would want to slap their Grams??? :ssst:

Not that I suggest you do slap your Grandma. If any of ya'll's was like mine, she'd throw a cast iron skillet at me if I did. And not the little 8" one. The BIG 20".

Sure wish she was still around to do it. I could go for some Chicken and Dumplings....:116:

gj62:
The secret is to brine the chops. I've done this many times for parties and such and occassionally have left them on a bit too long, which turns normal chops to shoe leather - these stay delightfully moist and tender. Don't be afraid to cut into one to test doneness (well, that might affect presentation, but not if you serve that one to the chef), as it can be tricky to cook the larger chops evenly through your first couple of times. The spice rub is good too!
BEER-BRINED GRILLED PORK CHOPS

gj62-

just wanted to say that I tried your recipe last night - it was great!!! Really easy and my family loved it. I did substitute honey for the molasses, though . . . didn't feel like going to the store just for that.

Thanks for the recipe - it's definitely a keeper.

Great! Thanks for letting me know. The honey was a good idea, glad to hear it worked! The ease sure is a big part of it for us - we entertain a bunch in the summer and this is easy to throw together and has tolerance to a bit of overcooking (I get easily distracted at parties...)

:11ztongue The best thing to serve with pork chops is more pork chops!! Alternately, Melt some Butter in a pan seal the chops, turn down the heat and add a sliced cooking apple, and some brown sugar. once the chops are done, take them out and turn the heat back up, once hot add a good splash of Cider to deglaze the pan. Finish by adding cream and reducing. Pour over the Chops and Enjoy!

Sounds like a good one. I've always liked apples, or apple sauce with pork chops.

"Pork Chops and apple sauce" that's from a movie.. I think.. Bogart?

Mix some soft goats cheese with black pepper and chives and add it on just before it finishes cooking, but long enough to heat through and get a nice, brown, crust.

cheers
Rosie

neophytediver:
Not that I suggest you do slap your Grandma. If any of ya'll's was like mine, she'd throw a cast iron skillet at me if I did. And not the little 8" one. The BIG 20".

Sure wish she was still around to do it. I could go for some Chicken and Dumplings....:116:

The wife and I have 4 grown children. The one meal that 'everybody' is in agreement on as a favorite, is Mom's chicken and dumplings.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom