Possible new Georgia Dive Site

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mikerault

Contributor
Reaction score
# of dives
200 - 499
I am investigating getting the rights/leasing/purchasing a possible quarry type dive site in Georgia near Atlanta (North, near Rome actually) how much interest would there be in a deep dive site with possible spring-like clarity?

mikerault:
I am investigating getting the rights/leasing/purchasing a possible quarry type dive site in Georgia near Atlanta (North, near Rome actually) how much interest would there be in a deep dive site with possible spring-like clarity?

I don't know if you even have to ask but the answer here is that I would be there about every other weekend. You know, I was wondering why no one around Atlanta hasn't found an old quarry or quarry type place with decent viz. and opened up a dive site / park. By my estamations Atlanta has more dive shops than anywhere else this far from open water.

Unless I'm diving Lanier or Juliette (near Macon), I have to drive to either Alabama or Tenn. to dive a quarry. I have to drive to SC to dive Jocassee, drive to either GA's coast or the panhandle of Fl to dive salt and drive several hours down I-75 to get to cave country to dive the springs or drive to the FL panhandle to dive Vortex & Morrisons.

I would be VERY INTERESTED!!!!

Jeremy

I am trying to locate the owner of this particular quarry, once i do I may need a dive partner to go survey it...interested in a never been dived (as far as I know) dive?

mikerault:
I am trying to locate the owner of this particular quarry, once i do I may need a dive partner to go survey it...interested in a never been dived (as far as I know) dive?

I would check it out with you. If the vis is okay then that is even better, although I've dove in some really crap holes before. Are you comming out to the New Years Day dive at West Bank Park? If so, we can talk then. There are some guys out there that are waaaay more experienced than I am. But if we are just talking going out to do a dive or two there to check out what is there, I'm all game.

Jeremy

Hey, Mike, be glad to assist you.
Give me a shout anytime.

the K

I plan on being there...but I didn't get my suit today, crossing fingers for tomorrow...got 2-3/2mm suits coming...figure if the drysuit doesn't do the trick wearing 2-3/2mm should be enough...:)

Krakan, I am in Alpharetta also, right off of States Bridge.

I'm on Upper Hembree about 1/4 mile past Harry's Farmers' Market.

A dive site in the area... That would be the Bomb!!! Anything I can do to help......
To the West Bank divers today.... Have a GREAT Dive....I have to work be maybe next year I'll be diving....

How deep is this particular quarry - is it something advanced or technical divers would be interested in frequenting?

I am quite used to the trips to ALA and NC (the PDRA quarries are nice, but not very deep - http://www.ncpdra.org )

Us in Atlanta and North Georgia need something closer. I would defiently be interested..

JB

The one I am most interested in is supposedly 400 or so feet at it s deepest, but so far have not been able to confirm it. My hope is that it can support the Tech crowd as well as us poor old open water types. Just got a line on one that may be 200 deep, once they get the rubble out of it.

Mike

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom