Post your last gear purchase

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Just got two steel LP85s for $50(!) from a guy off Craigslist who was not a diver but had repaired some other guy's car only to get "paid" for the job with quite a bit of scuba gear, which he reluctantly took and posted on Craigslist. He wanted cold cash and for the gear to be gone from his house ASAP so was willing to deal. My buddy quickly snapped up pretty much the rest of the gear but I scored on the steel tanks!

Got a set of mouthpieces the other day...my wife is a cheer, the last one lasted only 4-5 dives... (choppy seas). Waiting for new Chinese focus lights, supposed to be 2200 lumens, but can also run on half, plus red light, and fits my ULCS arms... Am also waiting for a swing adapter for the Olympus housing....

---------- Post added April 5th, 2015 at 06:27 PM ----------

Chewer. .....

I scored a sweet doubles set of HP120s today. They came with the singles valves, too. I split them into singles already and dropped them off for Hydro. Can't wait to try 'em out!

Just got two steel LP85s for $50(!) from a guy off Craigslist who was not a diver but had repaired some other guy's car only to get "paid" for the job with quite a bit of scuba gear, which he reluctantly took and posted on Craigslist. He wanted cold cash and for the gear to be gone from his house ASAP so was willing to deal. My buddy quickly snapped up pretty much the rest of the gear but I scored on the steel tanks!

What a good deal! I lived in Miami for 8 years and never saw a good deal on Craigslist where the person actually messaged back.

I've ordered (but haven't yet received) my full kit:

1) Atomic B2 Reg (FWIW, I was going to buy the ST1, but two things swayed me 1) I'm really just a beginning diver that is land locked, so my needs are not (yet) elaborate, and 2) more importantly, the dealer was out of stock and I couldn't get it ahead of my trip (see number 5 below on where I "reallocated" the funds to justify another piece of WAAAAY-overkill gear)
2) SS1 Inflator/Alternate (Not Titanium, though I considered it)
3) Zeagle Brigade (I half wanted to jump into the Express Tech, but went with this on the recommendation of the seller (whose identity should be obvious by now, and otherwise did not try to upsell me on anything).
4) Cressi Giotto computer (for the girlfriend)
5) Liquivision Lynx dive computer (with U2 transmitter). This is way overkill for what my needs will probably ever be, but I justified it by (as mentioned above) reallocating funds from the ST1-to-B2 purchase, subtracting out the cost of what the console gauges would be. Is it a flimsy justification? Yes. Will I be overprepared and did I spend too much? I'm sure. I have no other excuses, but I am hopeful that the "room to grow" actually gets used. My GF has work trips planned to Monterey and AK this year already, so I might get some colder water experience soon!

Last week: Reef set ((Humann/DeLoach)

Today Another wetsuit (5mm)
(2) glue on thigh pockets
3/5 hooded vest..

ScubaPro MK25 EVO DIN 1st stage with 2 x g260's ( 1 for primary regulator 1 for "octo"). Put a swivel on the one to be use for the primary regulator. Can't wait to get them and get them wet!!!!

VDH Universal Back Plate.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

ScubaPro Jet fins, large. Used (eBay), $32 shipped.

Goodbye floppy frog kicks, but Hello leg cramps? :wink:

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom