Ppd Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

paolov

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
1000 - 2499
WHO : ALL PPD
WHAT : PPD FORUM THREAD MAINTENANCE
WHEN : Whenever
WHY : Gumugulo na

here is a communication that i am sharing with the group.

We need to have a consensus and let's have it here in the open.

the following has approval from Kim to be posted and deliberated by those concerned with PPD forum threads.

Kim:
You'd have to check with NetDoc as to how that works with the website. I think (but am not sure) that he'll host a site for you for free. Then the club webmaster would have the tools available to control content. You have to ask him though as I really don't know.

As far as who would help you with cleaning and pruning etc that'd be me. I am the co-ordinating moderator for the PPD forum now. However one of you would have to tell me which posts to keep and which to get rid of. Lists of the post numbers that have to go would suffice - for instance - "Please delete posts 4, 15, 21, 36" etc. You have to realize though that deleting posts as opposed to threads can be dangerous - they delete for good. (threads soft delete) It would be your responsibility to tell me the correct numbers.

It would also be best if only one person from your side asked me to do that. If too many people do it there WILL be problems.

As I said - I'll try and get you the sub-forum but I can't promise that I'll succeed - it's not my decision.

It'll take me a little while to contact the right people - I'm not sure how long.

agreed...

pao, why don't you (as our dear leader... seriously though) assign us individual threads to go through... that way all the work doesn't fall on your shoulders AND the job is also clearly 1 person's responsibility...

example: jag assigned to so-and-so thread... caloy, so-and-so thread... etc.

suggestment lang :grin:

Jag

paolov:
WHO : ALL PPD
WHAT : PPD FORUM THREAD MAINTENANCE
WHEN : Whenever
WHY : Gumugulo na

here is a communication that i am sharing with the group.

We need to have a consensus and let's have it here in the open.

the following has approval from Kim to be posted and deliberated by those concerned with PPD forum threads.

great initiative pao, its high time we clean our PPD forum up. its getting messy maybe we have to start following the tos rules or even sticking to the posted topic, i know im guilty of this as well but i admit i will make a concerned effort for the benefit of everyone to act maturely and seriously when posting on specific topics.

i also agree that some threads need to be filtred and certain posts deleted becasue a lot of the original posts are lost in numerous other posts that are not even related to the topic. anyway i hope that kin succeeds and we do get our site up. lets keep our fingers crossed.

good job congressman!

shugar:
agreed...

pao, why don't you (as our dear leader... seriously though) assign us individual threads to go through... that way all the work doesn't fall on your shoulders AND the job is also clearly 1 person's responsibility...

example: jag assigned to so-and-so thread... caloy, so-and-so thread... etc.

suggestment lang :grin:

Jag

i agree may i suggest we clean the original threads we posted? of course the posts to be deleted and their corresponding numbers will be passed on to pao for his genereal consensus and approval. since most of us have started threads here like jag, caloy and myself. this way we get to delete threads that werent part of the original discussion.

this would greatly clean up our already infested forums.

Sure, I'll clean up any thread I started plus any you assign me, pao.

And how bout we begin new threads to put the deleted posts? or put them into the Non-diving stuff thread?

As to subforums, I like how we have both the non-diving stuff and the diving stuff in one forum. Non-regular PPDers can come visit and see the topic to contribute. But that's just me.

excuse me, kim is asking for you guys to have a congressman.

it does not mean because i opened the communication lines ako ang taya.

do not shoot the messenger.

it needs a consensus. but more ideas how we can maintain order here.

paolov:
excuse me, kim is asking for you guys to have a congressman.

it does not mean because i opened the communication lines ako ang taya.

do not shoot the messenger.

it needs a consensus. but more ideas how we can maintain order here.
hello... we decided on this na http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=115655

Jag

For clarity there are really two choices. You can have a club website (that's for sure AFAIK) but you have to work the details out with NetDoc. The advantage of that is that your Club Webmaster would then have the control of the content and can edit as required.
What I am going to try to do is ask for a new sub-forum for the Dive-O Ramas. Such a forum would still have to be edited by a Mod (me) and at this point in time is not for sure. I have to ask if you can have it.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom