Ppd Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

shugar:
do we have to clean up ALL the threads? or just "important" ones? DOR threads (planning to reports to pix)...

if we clean up our whole mess... what's the use? really? it's there, it's no longer current... diba?

Jag

an example would be the thread i started, http://www.scubaboard.com/showthread.php?t=107936

"Lets get to know the PPD" more than half is not related to the original posts so when a guest or visitor would check the thread out, he gets lost in the confusion and the original thread sort of gets diluted. just my opinion.

The "Let's get to know the PPDers" thread is a must to clean and stickied. Then make a "Greetings" thread stickied and put all the other posts that aren't profiles in there.

The DORs should be cleaned, but IMO I don't think stickied since we should have only a limited number of things stickied (come on guys, my screen is small...). Maybe moved into the trips subforum.

edit: or what kim said, make a subforum.

Kim:
For clarity there are really two choices. You can have a club website (that's for sure AFAIK) but you have to work the details out with NetDoc. The advantage of that is that your Club Webmaster would then have the control of the content and can edit as required.
What I am going to try to do is ask for a new sub-forum for the Dive-O Ramas. Such a forum would still have to be edited by a Mod (me) and at this point in time is not for sure. I have to ask if you can have it.

we really appreciate that you are going out of your way to help us PPD'ers out:) saludo ako sa yo ( i salute you )

chip104:
The "Let's get to know the PPDers" thread is a must to clean and stickied. Then make a "Greetings" thread stickied and put all the other posts that aren't profiles in there.

The DORs should be cleaned, but IMO I don't think stickied since we should have only a limited number of things stickied (come on guys, my screen is small...). Maybe moved into the trips subforum.

edit: or what kim said, make a subforum.
ok... can we have a general "rules" on judgement of posts to delete? remember that some of the off-topics actually give color and texture to the PPD and are integral to our identity as a regional subforum...

the same way that "toma" is integral to the philippine dive culture whether the rest of the international community frowns on it or not... diba?

we also have to decide on delete/no-delete rules for related discussions that are not actually answers to the thread - for instance the whole hoolabaloo about drinking and diving of the c-card traditions thread i started... what i mean is: the whole discussion of how repulsive drinking is in the light of instructors and diving bla bla bla does not answer the thread topic BUT is related to the topic...

Jag

Spoon:
we really appreciate that you are going out of your way to help us PPD'ers out:) saludo ako sa yo ( i salute you )
Thank you! :wink: My game plan is that if I help you now....later you won't make my life too miserable! :D

Kim:
Thank you! :wink: My game plan is that if I help you now....later you won't make my life too miserable! :D
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so did you volunteer to be the coordinating mod for the PPD or did you get "volunteered" for the job by virtue of your being currently embroiled in the day-to-day shenanigans of this bunch of crazy divers

Jag

shugar:
HAHAHAHAHAHAHA so did you volunteer to be the coordinating mod for the PPD or did you get "volunteered" for the job by virtue of your being currently embroiled in the day-to-day shenanigans of this bunch of crazy divers

Jag
heheheh, Thanks Kim...sometimes it sucks to be the one with the closest time zone to us! :) I guess you drew a shorter straw than Jagfish!

edit: jeeze I'm hijacking again. Pao, assign me a thread to cleanup. Only pertinent threads. The Coron and What the Heck happened threads that I began are fine the way they are to me. Thanks!

shugar:

Jag
:rofl: Something like that! :D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom