Ppd Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

jonix:
maybe we could request the 1st Anilao Underwater Shootot open by boljakool be closed...the original thread by Solanabezo more than covers the topic

not to discredit boljakool, but i agree that it should be closed. too confusing

my suggestion:

7,107 Islands of Local Diving

Anilao

Favorite Dive Sites​

Dive Operators​

Puerto Galera

Favorite Dive Sites​
Dive Operators​

Cebu

Favorite Dive Sites​

Dive Operators​

Liveaboard Diving

Apo Reef​

Dive and Liveaboard Operators​

Tubbataha​

etc. etc . . . :D

ishbaby:
my suggestion:

7,107 Islands of Local Diving

Anilao

Favorite Dive Sites​

Dive Operators​

Puerto Galera

Favorite Dive Sites​
Dive Operators​

Cebu

Favorite Dive Sites​

Dive Operators​

Liveaboard Diving

Apo Reef​

Tubbataha​

etc. etc . . . :D
i answered this in the "thoughts about..." thread but i'll repeat myself:

as good as it sounds and looks you have to realize that breaking this down in this way will create a very bulky sublisting. right there you have 13 lines... that's your whole screen already (including the SB interface)... it's not going to give users a friendly interface because your whole screen is filled with stickies and subthreads and you have to scroll down too low just to find out what's new... with the way SB refreshes you have to constantly scroll down after reading every message or thread

also if it's a sub thread (like marketplace and DOR) you don't see and instant summary of what's new or not because all you see is the listing for the latest entry - no idea if previous threads there have been updated - again, it's not a high traffic portion

3rd is that how do we address the needs of people who want to island hop? those who are asking about 2 or 3 or 4 different dive areas (eg. PG, then Cebu, then Bora)... w/c thread do they inquire in or do we answer in (to avoid OT)?

4th we will know the structure of the subthreads... most others won't and we'll just end up with threads that are not in their proper place... there's a PPD na nga and some people still inquire about the PI in the general asia or general vacations forums...

5th of course is my primary reason. the hallmark of the PPD (w/c is the hallmark of the FIlipino) is hospitality. we go out of our way to make our guests comfortable and address their every need - sometimes at a major inconvenience to ourselves - but that's cultural. what this means is that it will be part of our everyday thing to answer the inquiries of every person who wants to dive here, each and every time. if i don't do it, chip will, or caloy, or carlo or pao or jai or you or joel... so it won't really matter if there are sub threads or not

ayun... not to rain on your parade and personally really appreciate the input to make this forum an even better place :biggrin:

jonix:
agree eyebrow
you make the request since you brought it up. :D Thanks Jon!

And we can separate the forum into more subforums, but imho I like the PPD just the way it is. The only thing that Tech Admin would probably do is add a surface intervals subforum to separate diving related and non diving related (they did this in the Hawaii Forum). And I don't want that to happen. Best to keep our mouths shut in the meantime... :D

chip104:
add a surface intervals subforum to separate diving related and non diving related (they did this in the Hawaii Forum). And I don't want that to happen.

i dont' want that to happen either... the magic of the PPD (IMHO) is the vibrance and dynamism of the topics in the main forum...

Jag

shugar:
as good as it sounds and looks you have to realize that breaking this down in this way will create a very bulky sublisting. right there you have 13 lines... that's your whole screen already (including the SB interface)... it's not going to give users a friendly interface because your whole screen is filled with stickies and subthreads and you have to scroll down too low just to find out what's new... with the way SB refreshes you have to constantly scroll down after reading every message or thread

also if it's a sub thread (like marketplace and DOR) you don't see and instant summary of what's new or not because all you see is the listing for the latest entry - no idea if previous threads there have been updated - again, it's not a high traffic portion

3rd is that how do we address the needs of people who want to island hop? those who are asking about 2 or 3 or 4 different dive areas (eg. PG, then Cebu, then Bora)... w/c thread do they inquire in or do we answer in (to avoid OT)?

4th we will know the structure of the subthreads... most others won't and we'll just end up with threads that are not in their proper place... there's a PPD na nga and some people still inquire about the PI in the general asia or general vacations forums...

5th of course is my primary reason. the hallmark of the PPD (w/c is the hallmark of the FIlipino) is hospitality. we go out of our way to make our guests comfortable and address their every need - sometimes at a major inconvenience to ourselves - but that's cultural. what this means is that it will be part of our everyday thing to answer the inquiries of every person who wants to dive here, each and every time. if i don't do it, chip will, or caloy, or carlo or pao or jai or you or joel... so it won't really matter if there are sub threads or not

shugar:
i dont' want that to happen either... the magic of the PPD (IMHO) is the vibrance and dynamism of the topics in the main forum...

I totally agree with you Jag, the webpage designer in you certainly shows.:D

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom