Ppd Maintenance

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

mga pare at mare,

next time someone flames anyone of us... can we just have the MODS handle the post.

let's not sink down to the level of the "flame" post.

anyway we-PPD have ScubaBoard support thru the MODs . we have an assigned MOD (KIM), he is here to help us organize the PPD threads.

KIm is not here to say what can and what cannot be done, he moderates that TOS is observed.

PPD benefits from this as he is there representing the MODs so that PPD can be beneficial to us and other forum members. MOD (KIM) is a referee, he only acts if there are violations . no violations no MOD action.

Spoon:
thanks for the heads up pao, nice tho to fight a cigarette with a flamethrower:)
I'm not sure what you mean by that. No one was suspended because of flaming. Please remember as well that sometimes cigarettes can start a forest fire.

Kim:
I'm not sure what you mean by that. No one was suspended because of flaming. Please remember as well that sometimes cigarettes can start a forest fire.

i mean that when someone flames its hard to resist flaming back. that is human nature. but pao summed it up best when he said we shouldnt stoop to the level of the flamers, easier said than done but i promise to cooperate and act maturely and in my place for the benefit of eveyone on the board.

Spoon:
i mean that when someone flames its hard to resist flaming back. that is human nature. but pao summed it up best when he said we shouldnt stoop to the level of the flamers, easier said than done but i promise to cooperate and act maturely and in my place for the benefit of eveyone on the board.
Yes I understand that. If you can make an answer without breaking the rules - i.e. no name calling etc - then it's OK. No-one expects you to take everything lying down. Often though, when it degenerates into equal insults etc it becomes hard for me as a Mod to do more than warn everyone involved as everyone is then equally guilty. It's much easier for me to intervene if it's clear who is at fault and who is aggrieved. So there is a practical aspect involved here as well - if you want to actually have something done you need to be careful that you don't make yourself one of the guilty parties or you effectively tie my hands. I have more options at my disposal to take care of such attacks so it seems to me that it would normally be more logical to let me do my thing and keep your own hands clean. N'est pas?

Kim:
if you want to actually have something done you need to be careful that you don't make yourself one of the guilty parties or you effectively tie my hands. I have more options at my disposal to take care of such attacks so it seems to me that it would normally be more logical to let me do my thing and keep your own hands clean. N'est pas?

crystal! you have my sincerest cooperation.

hey jon,

just a continuation from the 7107 island thread...now that we have the DOR sub forum, there's no need for me to put up the DOR stuff in that thread now, eh?

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom