Price Question (SP-350)

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

A shout out to all Oly sp-350 users.

I just made the call to purchase one for myself and was told that they have been discontinued - at least here in Toronto, Canada. So for those on the hunt and having problems finding it, this may be why. Price I'm paying is $299.99 - Canadian of course.

I will eventually get the underwater housing/strobes but first need to figure out how to use digital - I still have an old Canon film camera :shakehead and then need to learn some underwater photography.

I'm sure I'll be posting lots on here, so sorry in advance for the stupid questions I may ask in the future.:D

Safe Diving!

scubamgb:
A shout out to all Oly sp-350 users.

I just made the call to purchase one for myself and was told that they have been discontinued - at least here in Toronto, Canada. So for those on the hunt and having problems finding it, this may be why. Price I'm paying is $299.99 - Canadian of course.

I will eventually get the underwater housing/strobes but first need to figure out how to use digital - I still have an old Canon film camera :shakehead and then need to learn some underwater photography.

I'm sure I'll be posting lots on here, so sorry in advance for the stupid questions I may ask in the future.:D

Safe Diving!

They have been out of production for a while now.. Costco has had several and they are probably running out now.. I picked up 3 of them.. one hasn't even been opened because I figure it would be a good spare and if we never need it, we can sell it down the road. We also have 2 housings for it so we have backup.. :D BTW, Costco had them (may still) for $199 US.

if we all write a letter to oly saying that if they wanna come up with a new camera, it should fit our existing sp300 series housing whether it's oly or ike, will it work? this way we don't need to buy spare 350s or the like.

Charlie59:
Found in stock at The New Connection ( www.thenewconnection.com ) for $185
Be aware that their web price is a misrepresentation in that it is the Chinese grey market version (which actually may be OK for a backup) but they don't tell you that on the website. You can get the US retail package for $20 more which is still an OK price but you don't find this out until you have to call them back to suppossedly "verify shipping address."

What that is really for is the opportunity for them to upsell you on memory and batteries (all of which are inflated compared to a place like frys.com). You cannot buy this camera from the web without talking to them. As long as you know how to deal with sleazy Brooklyn camera dealers you should come out OK (don't buy any accessories and its $205 not $185 if you want the US retail version).

I bought a backup from them @ $205 plus $15 shipping since the Costco sale is now gone and the SP-350 will gradually fade away everywhere else, too. I probably would have chickened out had I read the extraordinarly bad reviews and evaluations of this company beforehand.

liberato:
Just wondering for myself, is the stock single handle tray left/right reversible?

I am not really sure I understand your question, but I think the answer is NO. I am left handed and just had to adapt as I do with many things :D

The stock Handle Is reversible....I haven't exactly done this yet myself but #1 there is nothing on the housing that would get in the way if you change it to the other side....and #2 I saw someone else with the handle reversed...

The only thing is the button to lock in the strobe arm will be reversed not sure if that makes it more difficult to use underwater...

scubamgb:

Safe Diving!

IF you run a search you will find lots of other threads on the subject....the best one is called "sp-350" it has lots of valuable information in there!

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom