Problems on the Rebel Regulators and retrofit

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

h90

Contributor
Reaction score
my rebel octopus is blowing air out since I bought it. And not just a little bit, it blows full.
It is approx 1 year old and has 6 dives. after a first service it worked for 2 or 3 dives than the same problem.

Now Mares told me that they know about the Rebel problems and there is a retrofit which fixes that.

Now they want money from me for servicing it, but telling me that the problem will come again.
They tell me that this retrofit which is free from Mares, costs for me money as I bought the regulator in a different country.

To summarize that:
They sold me a not working equipment and they know it is not working.
They charge me for a repair which isn't a repair because they tell it will not work long.
For the free repair set they want to charge me as I bought the regulator in the wrong country (by the way a country which has nothing worth to dive).

Thats not really customer friendly.
If someone knows a customer support emailadress of the headquater please let me know.

no word from Mares about that problem which is well known from Mares like this email shows:

B"ecause Mares are aware of a problem in some of the Rebels they have produced a retrofit 2nd stage. Where a customer has purchased the regulator from us in Thailand we have given and fitted the retrofit free of charge."

are you in the US or elsewhere?

H90,

Pm sent for more details.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom