Pullover dry glove recommendations

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

They fit just fine. No hair dryer needed.

I've been told that the Viking rings are bigger than the Ultima rings. I was given a pair of these gloves by a buddy who uses them on his Viking rings. I've found the trick is getting the glove on one side of the ring, then bracing that against your thigh while you pull the rest of the glove onto the ring. Gets easier with practice.
Marie, how do you think these would work over the SiTech Oval Cuff System?
Thanks.

Oops, I see you mentioned in a later post it would not work on the ovals. Found this video from DRIS that it seems to work

Marie, how do you think these would work over the SiTech Oval Cuff System?
Thanks.
I found old posts when searching more than a year ago where divers indicated that the pullovers do NOT work with an oval cuff. Has to be round.

Having done this myself just this past summer, for me, the answer is “sometimes”. The oval ring has two sections along the flat sides that break the smooth surface that is meant for the Antares section to go in. I got latex pullover gloves to seal if I also pulled a vacuum cleaner belt over the ring on the outside of the glove to keep the seal tight. I suppose you could also use an O ring. When I skipped the belt, the gloves would occasional leak, especially if I did a lot of manipulation with my hands. I switched to Últimas mainly because donning the glove followed by donning the belt took some time and my dive group was irritably patient with me as I was always the last one to be ready.

Back
Top Bottom