Question for the Texas Divers

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Butch103

Contributor
Scuba Instructor
Reaction score
# of dives
The ice divers from north of the 49th (Canada for those who aren't sure what we mean) have some questions we need answered if you could indulge us.

1) How do you handle your snorkle hitting the brim of your stetson ?? :confused:

2) Do you wear full foot fins to allow for spurs?? :confused:

3) What is the UW hand signal for y'all :confused:

Thanks for your help and input.

Butch :peace:

Butch103,
1) I either do not wear a snorkel, or if I am teaching class, I have one Stetson with a slit where the brim meets the crown. You ever wonder why we have a leather strap, or bandana tied around the crown? The snorkel goes through the inside of the strap or bandana and becomes the snorkel keeper.
2) Full-foot fins will not fit over my boots. We wear open-heel fins. The fin strap will fit over the heel of the boot and thus over the spurs strap.
3) I use the arms out, palms up sign. Do not use the palms down sign. That's a cuss word in Tex-Mex.

Thanks for the questions. Ya'll come back now, hear?

carlislere

I'll pass your answer on to the appropraite authorities.

Butch :peace:

4) How much weight do you take off your weight belt if you wear a .44 magnum pistol? And can you wear a second holdout on your other ankle instead of ankle weights? :confused:

5) How does a reg handle Chewing Tabaccy juice? :confused:

6) How does the DIR philosophy impact being a Texas Swamp Diver? :confused:

Hey, Canadian Divers want to know! :all:

I may not be from Texas but being from the south I can handle #5. According to my instructor he has had students who have proven that regulators have no problem handling baco juice. Just a tip though, don't let the shop owner see you or they will be mighty reluctant to service your regs...

Taltoz
RPD

4) About 2lbs, no you don't wear a holdout on your ankle, you wear a 2nd 44 mag on the other hip.

5) Handles it just like greased owl poopie, no problems!

6) Doesn't affect us at all, we been doin it right since the git go!

Come on down here and we'll teach y'all how to dive.....Texas Style....."It's Like a Whole Nother Country"

Y'all have a good day now, ya hear!

ID

We don't wear .44. With no loggerhead turtles, we have no need to be armed; because all Canadians have a mystical bond with the animals of the earth, fish of the sea, and birds of the air.:bunny:

And besides, if we wore a .44 - where would we put our ice pick and our beer bottle opener! :D

Back
Top Bottom