Questions about P-valve

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Not having a p-valve, I guess I wouldnt know first hand the pros and cons. From what I have known from talking to others, they just connect by plugging them in. I do apologize for the QD, but before you started asking for one, I had never heard of a P-valve QD, and even asked a few of my local drysuit divers and got a puzzled look and "What do you need that for? They make those?"

I appreciate you trying to keep our name out of the conversation, but it isnt necessary.....we take pride in our name being attached to every sale. This is how we learn as much as the new diver reading this without posting. I just felt that saying we should have been "upfront that additional parts are needed before using it" really isnt the case.....and wanted to post

I do agree however that it would be nice, for that price, if it came with a QD. A bit more incentive for paying the higher price they have to install/purchase it. Maybe we can talk Whites into it :wink: I have always said on here, and told every customer, that I feel the P-valve price is high. They did lower it after quit a few complaints on here, so they do try.

All that being said, Im glad you LOVE the suit....I was wondering how the trip went :D How was our choice of undergarments?

Trip was awesome ... despite six consecutive days of rainy, blustery, cold weather (a bit unusual for August, even up there), vis was fantastic and Port Hardy is like nothing else I've ever seen.

Undergarment ... the Mark 2 will work well for the warmer months, but for winter I'll need something warmer. I like it for now, because the tradeoff is always "more undergarment equals more weight", and I only want to wear as much as I need. I'd give this undergarment a 48+ Fahrenheit rating ... anything colder and I'll want something a bit more substantial.

... Bob (Grateful Diver)

Not having a p-valve, I guess I wouldnt know first hand the pros and cons. From what I have known from talking to others, they just connect by plugging them in. I do apologize for the QD, but before you started asking for one, I had never heard of a P-valve QD, and even asked a few of my local drysuit divers and got a puzzled look and "What do you need that for? They make those?"

It is a complete mystery to me how these people are able to take the catheter off at the end of the dive without whatever residual urine is stick in the tubing coming right out over their leg.

My cost was over $200.00, by the time it was put back through the pressure test at Whites.
Am I not getting the best deal on product? Is that because of my new status? Yes it seems a little tight that at least a double barbed fitting is not supplied. My rep said it was to shave costs, but it seems they are one of the most expensive priced valves with the least amount of supplied gear. The problem is, if you were to put the valve in yourself, and had a leak or malfunction, it would not be covered under warranty. Also, Bob, did you get the mini or standard valve?
Joe

It is a complete mystery to me how these people are able to take the catheter off at the end of the dive without whatever residual urine is stick in the tubing coming right out over their leg.

I have a coupling that I use as a 'pee-thru'. It will allow you to drain the cath or actually relieve yourself while out of your suit.

Pop on the coupling and drain the cath before the delicate process of prying the cath off.

My cost was over $200.00, by the time it was put back through the pressure test at Whites.
Am I not getting the best deal on product? Is that because of my new status? Yes it seems a little tight that at least a double barbed fitting is not supplied. My rep said it was to shave costs, but it seems they are one of the most expensive priced valves with the least amount of supplied gear. The problem is, if you were to put the valve in yourself, and had a leak or malfunction, it would not be covered under warranty. Also, Bob, did you get the mini or standard valve?
Joe

Who are you asking about pricing? If your not doing alot of volume your discounts are less :wink: The more you sell, the more you save:cool2:

I was less than thrilled to discover the SiTech PV I had installed on my Fusion was missing the connection, but fer ***** sake, it's just a tube. I chopped one of the free pens I get from my CU to size and it works fine. Zero cost and less than two minutes to install. The CC end has a slight taper for the first fifth, which make it easier to attach the CC.

The lefty tighty, righty loosey is kinda wonky. Reverse PV squeeze is not pleasant.

QD is on order.

Who are you asking about pricing? If your not doing alot of volume your discounts are less :wink: The more you sell, the more you save:cool2:
Wasn't really a Q, It's just I had a customer ask why his cost was more than $200.00 when he saw it posted here for $200.00. I told him that my cost break must not be as good as others, which is the case.
Joe
Maybe someday I'll be able to play with the big dogs, and make a couple of bucks for me.

Wasn't really a Q, It's just I had a customer ask why his cost was more than $200.00 when he saw it posted here for $200.00. I told him that my cost break must not be as good as others, which is the case.
Joe
Maybe someday I'll be able to play with the big dogs, and make a couple of bucks for me.

LOL....no such things as big dogs or small dogs around here....Just make yourself and stick to your policies and you will do just fine :wink: We have been in business for only 2 years....and I wouldnt consider us a Big Dog by any means..... Just do your thing and have fun...it will all fall into place:cool2:

Back
Top Bottom