Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner™ - Pressure Group After Third Dive

What is their pressure group after the third dive? (see first post)

• a. Metric K - Imperial K

• b. Metric N - Imperial O

• c. Metric O - Imperial N

• d. Metric M - Imperial M

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I'm actually surprised, given the number of people here, there aren't more responses. I can pretty much bet the majority of them aren't too "busy."

That is to say unless an inordinant number of Divers are long haul drivers.

16 min @ 100' = K
1:10 SI = C
RNT=14
36+14=50 min @ 60' (no 55) = U
2:30 SI = B
RNT=19
55+19=74 min @ 35' (no 33) = O

IMHO - Wheel is so much "easier" (no math to be done)

oh, and I am an engineer.....

directly off the Wheel:
16 min @ 100' = K
1:10 SI = C
36 min @ 55' = S
2:30 SI = B
55 min @ 35' = O
Yep, the Wheel's 55 ft increment for dive two gave PG S instead of U from the table.....but after a SI of 2:30 you are still in PG B. In fact, the PG after that second dive could have been anything from Q-Z, and after 2:30 you still end up in B. Using the table, that second dive could have been as long as 41mins......

I've never seen a wheel for sale. Where do you buy them?

eB*y

they were discontinued as they can be "iffy" in answers. There are calibration dots that need to line up to show it is good. manufacturing/printing tolerances led to the demise as it would likely be very costly to make a quality product. Also, the drop in cost of a PDC really made them unnecessary (like tables) in many people's thought.

I have a couple of them I scrounged over the years after my original 1988 purchase.

I've never seen a wheel for sale. Where do you buy them?
PADI still sells the giant, class-room sized version...but it won't fit in a dive bag.....
upload_2020-4-24_15-32-49.png

A better value is on eBay, at all kinds of prices. Search for "PADI Wheel."

I know that this is a PADI question, but I'm curious about other historical dive planners. Searching on ebay now, but if anyone knows off the top of their heads, I'd like to hear about it. I do like to collect old materials.

Back
Top Bottom