Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner™ - Max Time

A diver exits the water after a dive to 21m/70ft for 31 minutes. The diver reenters the water 49 mi

• a. Metric 37 minutes - Imperial 40 minutes

• b. Metric 19 minutes - Imperial 24 minutes

• c. Metric 18 minutes - Imperial 16 minutes

• d. Metric 21 minutes - Imperial 22 minutes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Pedro Burrito

Staff member
ScubaBoard Supporter
Scuba Instructor
Divemaster
Reaction score
# of dives
5000 - ∞
Bonjour de la belle Suisse!

From the Recreational Dive Planner section of the PADI Dive Theory Exam. You will need your RDP™ to answer this question. You will get different results if you use metric or imperial!

A diver exits the water after a dive to 21m/70ft for 31 minutes. The diver reenters the water 49 minutes later for another dive to 21m/70ft - what is the maximum allowable time he/she may spend at this depth?

a. Metric 37 minutes - Imperial 40 minutes

b. Metric 19 minutes - Imperial 24 minutes

c. Metric 18 minutes - Imperial 16 minutes

d. Metric 21 minutes - Imperial 22 minutes

I will post a daily question from my exams to help newer divers and to encourage more experienced divers to interact gracefully and helpfully with the newer divers.

Reminder - this is a post in the Basic Forum and it is a green zone. Please be nice and on topic.

I did not answer, because in the procedures I always followed, it is forbidden to dive again before a surface interval of at least one hour!

19 mins but only after a diver has ensured that his tank was filled and inspected by someone that has been employed for over 90 days and signed a statement acknowledging that the air in his tank is in fact dangerous.

Bsac 88 tables say it's not a 'no stop' dive. Go over an hour for the SI and that changes.

Be wary of using BSAC 88 Tables against others. The definition of bottom time is fundamentally different; PADI’s is dependent on whether a safety stop is required or not.

That said the exam question gives zero minutes for a non-mandatory stop dive; a 18 minute dive would incur a 21 minute stop at 6m, with BSAC 88 Tables,

I can see it's not clever to mix tables then. Not that anyone would (would they?).

Good thing we've moved on to computers.

I did not answer, because in the procedures I always followed, it is forbidden to dive again before a surface interval of at least one hour!

The question is the PADI tables though; rather than what is sensible based on your training.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/perdix-ai/

Back
Top Bottom