Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner™ - Pressure Group After Third Dive

What is their pressure group after the third dive? (see first post)

• a. Metric K - Imperial K

• b. Metric N - Imperial O

• c. Metric O - Imperial N

• d. Metric M - Imperial M

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

I know that this is a PADI question, but I'm curious about other historical dive planners. Searching on ebay now, but if anyone knows off the top of their heads, I'd like to hear about it. I do like to collect old materials.

NAUI makes/made one. My daughter used it for her training just a few years back. It is called: Dive Time Calculator II

my other favorite device is the NASDS Scuba Time Calculator (SAC/RMV slide rule)

NASDS Tables with the "SI calculator" was also pretty cool

The Wheel was different in it allowed for multi-level calculations to take place, giving you more BT than traditional square tables profiles.

NAUI Surface Air Consumption Rate Calculator is another one...

Incomming. Mine has a case too!

and slates and instructions?

there were two style "cases", a folder and a zipper-seal bag...

NAUI makes/made one. My daughter used it for her training just a few years back. It is called: Dive Time Calculator II

my other favorite device is the NASDS Scuba Time Calculator (SAC/RMV slide rule)

NASDS Tables with the "SI calculator" was also pretty cool

The Wheel was different in it allowed for multi-level calculations to take place, giving you more BT than traditional square tables profiles.

NAUI Surface Air Consumption Rate Calculator is another one...

One of my interests is how to decorate my future dive op. I figure a wall area with dive slates/devices from as many agencies as possible might be a good addition. I'll look for the items you mentioned. Thanks.

My two Wheels are the original version (left) and the Rev 2 version from 2005.
20200424_160035.jpg
20200424_160109.jpg

I know I have the first generation, but I have to check if I have the second...

edit - both of mine are generation 1 models...

@tursiops - do you know what the differences are?

Another unusual table is the short form of the DCIEM table from Canada. It is a completely different format than most of the others.
20200424_160156.jpg
20200424_160236.jpg

I'm actually surprised, given the number of people here, there aren't more responses. I can pretty much bet the majority of them aren't too "busy."

That is to say unless an inordinant number of Divers are long haul drivers.
I was interested in this observation also. As it turns out, the 5 quizzes with the least number of voters has been April 6, 21, 22, 23, and 24. These turn out to be the 5 questions concerning the PADI RDP. April 6 asked about the number of compartments used in the algorithm and which compartment controlled the SI. The last 4 have all been problems to be worked out by using the RDP. April 21 started out very simple and they have increased in complexity somewhat over the next 3 days. The number of votes for these were 23, 46, 28, 21, and 22. The average number of votes per quiz since April 1 has been 75 (21-135).

The quizzes with the most responses were over weighted diver (135), J-valve (130), the balloon and tank in the sun (122) and the dropped tank (121).

You can draw your own conclusions based on these observations. Correct, I have way too much free time these days :)

Back
Top Bottom