Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner™ - Max Time

A diver exits the water after a dive to 21m/70ft for 31 minutes. The diver reenters the water 49 mi

• a. Metric 37 minutes - Imperial 40 minutes

• b. Metric 19 minutes - Imperial 24 minutes

• c. Metric 18 minutes - Imperial 16 minutes

• d. Metric 21 minutes - Imperial 22 minutes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Here is the latest Chinese version of the Shearwater Perdix...

I read somewhere that there was a bad batch though, so be careful. If you get one without the neutrally buoyant beads it can reset in the middle of a dive and you're back to running the tables. And no, you're not allowed to use the readings off your buddy's computer if that happens.

If you get a Deco Clear message, then you have not done a safety stop. You have done a decompression stop because you violated NDLs on the dive.

Just a slight correction for you. The Deco Clear message pops up on a normal safety stop always and not just for Deco Stops in the V71 firmware. My Perdix is set for a 5 minute safety stop at 6 meters. After that is cleared then it goes to Clear and counts the time past the stop. Prior to getting to clear it counts down the minutes and seconds to clear. I have not violated my NDL.

DECO CLEAR.jpg

But John, your assuming people actually know what their computers are telling them.

So you are assuming people do not. See my reply to John. This was the dive I took the picture of my Perdix on. The lowest NDL shown during the dive was 7 minutes at 10 minutes 10 seconds of the dive. Nowhere close to NDL limits. Good thing with the Shearwater Desktop program is you can see your NDL at any point doing the dive.

NO NDL.jpg

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom