Quiz - Recreational Dive Planner™ - Total Minutes

A diver plans to do three dives using minimum surface intervals. See question on Post 1

• a. Metric 278 minutes - Imperial 240 minutes

• b. Metric 269 minutes - Imperial 231 minutes

• c. Metric 262 minutes - Imperial 229 minutes

• d. Metric 253 minutes - Imperial 220 minutes

Results are only viewable after voting.

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Someone should do the same exercise with other tables to see the difference.

I still say from I to G on the wheel is 13... :cheers:

IMG_20200509_185116.jpg

I see this as H (0:12)
IMG_20200509_185140.jpg

this is G (0:13)

Who really cares? These quizzes are just for our enjoyment during our incarceration. The tables are the tables, the wheel is the wheel. None of us would dream of using either in place of our computers :). I have no W, X, or Y, Z penalties on my computer. I have no water temp or exertion level penalties on my computer. I'm grateful. All I have to do is select my GF high and GF low and my SurfGF to guide my dive.

Well, I, the tables guy, finally got one wrong. Don't really care. I can think of only 2 or 3 times I've done more than 2 dives in a day.

Well, I, the tables guy, finally got one wrong. Don't really care. I can think of only 2 or 3 times I've done more than 2 dives in a day.
And when they were making the RDP, that was pretty rare for everyone. Doing 3 dives a day then was pretty extreme diving.

When we look back at those times, I think we have to remember that we are talking about pioneers.

Each to their own. When I go on a diving vacation I am doing 3 - 4 dives a day 12 - 14 days.
And when they were making the RDP, that was pretty rare for everyone. Doing 3 dives a day then was pretty extreme diving.

When we look back at those times, I think we have to remember that we are talking about pioneers.

Yup even in the BSAC club I was in back in the 1986 - 88 we would normally only do 2 day dives, if we were doing a night dive that would have made three but the main issue was the time it took to get the boat ready with fuel, loading equipment travel times etc. Nowadays I dive where you simply do shore dives or boat dives that have short travel times. 3 dives a day is normal for me and 4 dives a day depends if I can get in a few night dives on top of the day dives. So in a vacation where I do 12 consecutive diving days I would get in 40 dives or more. Go home for a month to 6 weeks and do again. Normally I would do several dive trips a year like this.

I didn't know enough to answer this question. I don't know what is meant by "Minimum Surface Interval." I didn't want to assume one hour or the lowest interval on the dive table.

I didn't want to just guess, or cheat by reading too many comments.

Each to their own. When I go on a diving vacation I am doing 3 - 4 dives a day 12 - 14 days.

Yup even in the BSAC club I was in back in the 1986 - 88 we would normally only do 2 day dives, if we were doing a night dive that would have made three but the main issue was the time it took to get the boat ready with fuel, loading equipment travel times etc. Nowadays I dive where you simply do shore dives or boat dives that have short travel times. 3 dives a day is normal for me and 4 dives a day depends if I can get in a few night dives on top of the day dives. So in a vacation where I do 12 consecutive diving days I would get in 40 dives or more. Go home for a month to 6 weeks and do again. Normally I would do several dive trips a year like this.
I've only done one dive vacation (Panama) and it was $100US fpr each 2 tank dive. That was enough for me. There I did 2 or 3 night dives so those were my only 3 dive days in 15 years. 2 dives a day locally is enough--either get cold or bored.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/teric/

Back
Top Bottom