RDX-550D Housing....

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

Attachments

• SynchCordTied.jpg
    SynchCordTied.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 228
Nice . . that'll work, too. No excuses, now . . . better come back with some awesome photos!!!

IMG_1627.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1579.jpg

IMG_1540.jpg

IMG_1497.jpg

IMG_1485.jpg

IMG_1272.jpg

Great camera..... But in the hand of a newbieeee......
All shoot using tamron 60mm.....
the last shoot using 18-55 kit lens.....
:wink:

@applecorps : hello there.... i have a question... do u have to open the back case when u want to change lens or u can do it by only opening the port.... last time didnt try it though :doh2:
it will become so handy to change the lens without opening the back.... hehehe....

I've not tried . . but you should be able to do it IF you can get your fingers to the lens release button. Nice photos . . you should be able to fine tune the brightness, white balance, color saturation, etc. using Adobe Lightroom if you have not yet tried. Definitely worth the money and makes shooting in RAW the ONLY way to go.
Cheers!

Yupe.... i really have to learn the digital editing.... i just know how to adjust the contrast.... wkwkwkwkwk.....
Thats picture i took just testing my camera.... for leaks.... the visi was so bad... that why we only dive at night.... wkwkwkwk.....
i wonder... last time i use the s90 canon.... i always shoot in raw...
but the problem is.... i never cant open it... wkwkwkwk....
thats why now i shoot only in jpeg.....
are the raw and the jpeg format is a huge diffrent??
thx before....

RAW is about 5 times the size of JPEG . . nothing compressed, removed or edited. That's why you can adjust/correct almost everything so nicely. Plus, if you don't erase or edit the original RAW file, you can do it over/better later when you learn more about the power of your software. RAW can only be opened in editors like Light Room and other high powered software programs.

If you're spending the time and money to shoot underwater with a T2i along with all the accessories/housing/strobes, etc., you're crazy to save your files in JPEG. You can buy books which will teach you step by step how to use Light Room and Photoshops (if you're a PC user like me). Here's a hint: Get a college student to buy it for you since the price is MUCH cheaper.

Used the video mode this morning in very murky shallow water while some young Open Water students were doing some skills work. Camera worked great and I'm psyched to get off shore when they do their deep dives. I'm doing the PADI Instructor Course in March and I plan on teaching handicapped divers like our Wounded Warriors. In the meantime, I tag along with students practicing my video skills . . . check out this mornings clip at
YouTube - OpenWaterDive1

Hi ,

i have a question on the Tamron 60mm macro lens and the RDX-550 housing.
My wife has one (i shoot video with a sanyo HD camera) and i want to buy her a new macro lens, so thats the canon 60mm or the tamron 60mm, i know there is a specifi macro port for the canon lens, but what port do you use with the tamron.
I like the tamron because of the F/2.0 aperture and the depth of field this can give.
I do read that the autofocus is slower then the canon lens, any thoughts ?

Thanks

https://www.shearwater.com/products/peregrine/

Back
Top Bottom