REAL Ohio Divers...

Please register or login

Welcome to ScubaBoard, the world's largest scuba diving community. Registration is not required to read the forums, but we encourage you to join. Joining has its benefits and enables you to participate in the discussions.

Benefits of registering include

• Ability to post and comment on topics and discussions.
  • A Free photo gallery to share your dive photos with the world.
  • You can make this box go away

Joining is quick and easy. Log in or Register now!

everdeeper

Registered
Reaction score
Just wondering if there were any real divers in Ohio that dive all year round? If you fit that bill, drop a line here. If you dive when it is warm out, find somewhere else to post!

Hey.. I'm a real diver but only dive when it's warm. So, I’m not a “real” diver because I don’t freeze my nuts off? Ha!
Actually, next year when I get a drysuit, I’ll become a “real diver.”

Come join us for New Year's Dive on the 1st...at Gilboa There will be a group of us up there. Also, several of use from the Dayton area will be hitting Gilboa and other places throughout the year.

vr

JC

everdeeper:
Just wondering if there were any real divers in Ohio that dive all year round? If you fit that bill, drop a line here. If you dive when it is warm out, find somewhere else to post!

I dive lake until the charters stop going and Whitestar through the end of the year. From Jan-Mar, Gilboa is my only option and I only plan on making one or two trips a month, as opposed to every weekend.

I like the cold stuff. Less divers around, better viz and a refreshing jolt to the system when you first jump in.

everdeeper:
:happywave Oh, ME, ME, ME!!!!!!!

:jump: :bounce:

And I just got my new underwears. :)

wb416:
I've done my fair share of winter diving in Ohio.... not sure this year though.... bones are starting to get brittle... see more trips down to caves this winter, but will probably still be at Gilboa a few times.
:hmmm:

pennypue:
Originally Posted by wb416 I've done my fair share of winter diving in Ohio.... not sure this year though.... bones are starting to get brittle... see more trips down to caves this winter, but will probably still be at Gilboa a few times.
:hmmm:

Okay... maybe more than just a "few" times.... just seeing if you're paying attention! :sofa:

Winter diving can be a bit of a challenge though.
Frozen Night of Diving

wb416:
Okay... maybe more than just a "few" times.... just seeing if you're paying attention! :sofa:

Winter diving can be a bit of a challenge though.
Frozen Night of Diving
I lit my tennie shoes on fire last winter while trying to keep warm.

You know, it's always something with me..........

Glad to see that most of us like to go to Gilboa. Maybe we need to set up a saturday or sunday dive this winter. Would anyone be interested in that? How many of you have scooters? Makes getting to the Sump a lot faster.

https://www.shearwater.com/products/swift/

Back
Top Bottom